Wonderful to hear from Seabourn friends

SLSD

Like most of you, we have made some wonderful friends on our Seabourn cruises.  Just today, we received an email from our Sojourn next-door neighbor from last May/June (Kobe to Vancouver). This woman is widowed and from the UK and one of my favorite people ever.  She was a solo traveler and I marveled at her fitness and stamina.  One day she walked over 15,000 steps and was still going strong at the end of the day.  She was such a delightful person and I would love to have her for an everyday next-door neighbor and not just a ship neighbor.  It was wonderful to hear through the email about her latest travels (a river cruise in Europe and a South American cruise through Silversea).  Meanwhile Mr. SLSD and I are still trying to decide which cruise to take next---definitely SB, but where?  

I'm posting this just to say we have met friends on SB who would be our everyday friends, for sure, if we lived in the same city  We enjoy keeping in touch and miss them because they are real friends.  I'm sure most of you have similar experiences.  I would enjoy hearing about the friends you have made. 

I still have high hopes of meeting some of you on our future journeys.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 3

We've made some wonderful friends on our 2 long Seabourn journeys.  We keep up with one couple on Facebook and in emails.  They are active travelers like us and we share experiences and recommendations.  Another good friend from SB has provided me some good advice on future cruise choices.  And we met up with another friend when we were enjoying a long stay on land in Australia.  The lovely people we have met on SB are a big attraction, one of the main reasons why we have 2 future bookings and would return as often as possible, as long as the itinerary works...and that is often the hook for us.