Back to Back questions

msled

We are getting ready to book our first back to back (on the Royal out of San Pedro).  One is a 5 day and the other is a 4 day.  Typically we do not buy the unlimited internet but use our Platinum/Elite complimentary internet minutes.  If I book these as two separate cruises will I get 150 minutes for the first cruise and then another 150 minutes for the second cruise?  And if so, if the minutes are not used up at the end of the first will they carry over?

Also, if I buy a coffee card, will it be valid for both cruises or expire at the end of the first cruise.

Thanks

As I understand it from expereince and how reported on these boards.

Internet. If you book as two booking numbers then you get 150 minutes each. If one booking number then it's 250 minutes. I have always had my unused minutes carry over on b2b's no matter how booked.

The New Grounds Coffee Package is for one voyage only. The brewed coffee option does not carry over, at least this is how it's been reported and how we experienced it. Unused specialty coffees probably will carry over. 

26 minutes ago, msled said:

We are getting ready to book our first back to back (on the Royal out of San Pedro).  One is a 5 day and the other is a 4 day.  Typically we do not buy the unlimited internet but use our Platinum/Elite complimentary internet minutes.  If I book these as two separate cruises will I get 150 minutes for the first cruise and then another 150 minutes for the second cruise?  And if so, if the minutes are not used up at the end of the first will they carry over?

Also, if I buy a coffee card, will it be valid for both cruises or expire at the end of the first cruise.

Thanks

Your minutes should carry over, but if for some reason they don't you should head down to the computer help center and they should reimburse you. Several people have committed earlier on this same issue and that is what they said. And each cruise will count separately toward getting to Elite. I'm not sure with the coffee issue though.

Ironically we may be in the same situation. We are booked on the Royal on Feb. 1st for 5 night and again on the 6th for the 4 night cruise. It seems about the only difference is that we are also on the preceding 7 night cruise leaving San Pedro on Jan. 25th. Just trying to get to Elite also. 

I hope you have a great cruise.

Tom   

30 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The unused coffee punches carry over from the first cruise to the next. 

I doubt that. First of all there are no "Coffee Cards" as such anymore, it is now called some coffee package which is put on your cruise card/ medallion and expire at the end of the voyage. You might not like it especially if your first leg of the cruise is a short one. On our upcoming B2B (4day followed by 19 day) we trade our bar set-up for 2 coffee packages for the second cruise only just for that reason. There are many treads about this issue.

We had our internet minutes moved to the second cruise on our B2B cruises but I don't know for sure if that was policy or courtesy.

Theo

We just came off B2B on the CB, (14 day + 10 day).  They were booked as separate cruises.

When we first signed on to the internet our minutes were shown as the total for both cruises so yes they carry over. 

My DW drinks a lot of specialty coffees and quickly uses most of her "punches" so we traded our minibars for coffee packages on both cruises. At the beginning of the 2nd cruise I had in excess of 20 specialty coffees remaining on my account so yes the specialty coffees do carry over.

That was our experience from two weeks ago.

Of course the cruises do count as two cruises toward your Captain's Circle status. 

On 12/19/2019 at 4:40 AM, Renmar said:

I doubt that. First of all there are no "Coffee Cards" as such anymore, it is now called some coffee package which is put on your cruise card/ medallion and expire at the end of the voyage. You might not like it especially if your first leg of the cruise is a short one. On our upcoming B2B (4day followed by 19 day) we trade our bar set-up for 2 coffee packages for the second cruise only just for that reason. There are many treads about this issue.

We had our internet minutes moved to the second cruise on our B2B cruises but I don't know for sure if that was policy or courtesy.

Theo

We just has our coffee punches carried over on the Crown carried over from a B2B trip. No problem.

Also we just had our coffee cards being accepted for payment.