Boston Departure 10/18/20

Beth and Bailey

I am very interested in this discussion, we are also cruising out of Boston on 10/18/20.  I grabbed several refundable hotels as suggested, several months ago, now trying to decide which hotel and location would be the best.  Below are the hotels and prices I have booked:

1.  Bestwestern Adams in Quincy $184

2.  Holiday Inn Express Quincy $190

3.  Holiday Inn Express Dorchester on Boston St $201

4.  Hyatt Regency Airport $262

Any recommendations from these hotels? Right now I’m leaning towards the HIE Boston St in Dorchester and the BW Adams in Quincy 

We stayed at the BW Adams in Quincy before, was a good location for the cruise terminal with free shuttle.   Do you know if this is still a popular hotel for cruisers?  However, not much close to the hotel and it has some mixed reviews.

The HIE on Boston St in Dorchester seems to be close to a shopping area—would you recommend?

Have 2 nights booked at each hotel since not sure if we’ll fly in 1 or 2 days before the cruise.  We have toured Boston in the past, so sightseeing is not being considered.  If arriving 2 days before would be nice to have something close to the hotel to do, but if 1 day, it doesn’t matter, will just need a safe clean hotel.  What would you suggest?

TYIA, Carla

6 hours ago, golfpccc said:

I am very interested in this discussion, we are also cruising out of Boston on 10/18/20.  I grabbed several refundable hotels as suggested, several months ago, now trying to decide which hotel and location would be the best.  Below are the hotels and prices I have booked:

1.  Bestwestern Adams in Quincy $184

2.  Holiday Inn Express Quincy $190

3.  Holiday Inn Express Dorchester on Boston St $201

4.  Hyatt Regency Airport $262

Any recommendations from these hotels? Right now I’m leaning towards the HIE Boston St in Dorchester and the BW Adams in Quincy 

We stayed at the BW Adams in Quincy before, was a good location for the cruise terminal with free shuttle.   Do you know if this is still a popular hotel for cruisers?  However, not much close to the hotel and it has some mixed reviews.

The HIE on Boston St in Dorchester seems to be close to a shopping area—would you recommend?

Have 2 nights booked at each hotel since not sure if we’ll fly in 1 or 2 days before the cruise.  We have toured Boston in the past, so sightseeing is not being considered.  If arriving 2 days before would be nice to have something close to the hotel to do, but if 1 day, it doesn’t matter, will just need a safe clean hotel.  What would you suggest?

TYIA, Carla

IMHO, the answer would be none of the above.

With the exception of the airport Hyatt, you will be rather isolated. I don't think the Adams hotel was ever a popular hotel for cruisers, because it is so far out.

I agree.  The Hyatt, at least, has a regular shuttle to the subway and it's got nice views of the airport and harbor.  The HIE would be my second choice, but a waaaaaay distance second choice, as it (and the other two) are not in tourist areas at all.

Thanks for the replies.  I’m not looking for a tourist/sightseeing area nor water views (will be on a cruise ship for 20 days), looking for a nice clean hotel in a safe area at a reasonable price.  Plus hotels with free airport shuttle and cruise shuttle would be a bonus—I know the BW Adams does offer these free shuttles.  

Guess I should ask if anyone has stayed at any of the mentioned hotels lately before their cruise and if they would recommend.  Also don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for a hotel—in our part of the country $200/night will get you a 4* hotel.

Carla

I found a great deal on Hotwire in the Seaport for $202 plus tax.  My best guess is that it is the Yotel because you are asked to select your “cabin”.  Rooms are small.  The Silver Line is free from the airport and this hotel is right at the Courthouse stop.  Silver Line to the Cruiseport is $2.90/pp or $2.40 with a Charlie card.  Uber to the Cruiseport should be under $10.  

There is also a special deal today for $191 for a 3.5* hotel in the Seaport District which could be Aloft.  This hotel would be a little further away from the Silver Line.  Suggested strategy would be to take the Silver Line to The World Trade street stop, walk across the street to the Seaport hotel, and take a cab from there the few blocks to Aloft.  Details can be provided.

Please note :  Uber from the airport requires you to schlep your luggage to the staging area in Central Parking, which could be a real PITA.

I would take either of the places in post 30 over any of those other options.

There are luggage carts at Logan, and no stairs if you don't have a cart but do have wheels

Edited by Nitemare