FTTF arrival time Port Everglades

jdemps

I posted this in Florida departures but that area doesn't get as many visits as this main forum for Carnival so posting here as well.  What time should we be at the port for FTTF on Sunrise out of Port Everglades?  The earliest check in time was noon.  I was thinking we would leave AirBnB off Las Olas at 10am and head down.  Thanks for your help.  It finally opened today and I really just get it so we can carry on our bag and go straight to the room after getting on early to avoid the crowds.  

Based on my Port Everglades Magic experience from three weeks ago.... I can tell you they called FTTF for boarding at 11:07. I left my Dania Beach area hotel at 10:15 went through the regular line and was sitting down waiting to board when that call was made.

25 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Based on my Port Everglades Magic experience from three weeks ago.... I can tell you they called FTTF for boarding at 11:07. I left my Dania Beach area hotel at 10:15 went through the regular line and was sitting down waiting to board when that call was made.

Out of curiosity, what what the earliest arrival time on your magic cruise - was it still noon or earlier?  Ours was noon, and some may have FTTF, so I was wondering if it would be the same.

Edited by rukkian

1 hour ago, rukkian said:

Out of curiosity, what what the earliest arrival time on your magic cruise - was it still noon or earlier?  Ours was noon, and some may have FTTF, so I was wondering if it would be the same.

Mine was noon. They didn't seem to care. I was onboard at 11:20. They have zones on the boarding passes. I believe mine was A7. After FTTF they called zones A1-A5. Then they called A6-A10 or something a few minutes later.

Edited by Saint Greg

13 minutes ago, Hoops_Baller said:

Bumping this as 

Are you talking in general or specifically for Port Everglades?

That's my general strategy.  It's worked in Everglades, Canaveral, NOLA and Miami. Only once in Miami was boarding delayed but the sailing before us was a private charter and it was chaos.

12 minutes ago, JaxsMama said:

That's my general strategy.  It's worked in Everglades, Canaveral, NOLA and Miami. Only once in Miami was boarding delayed but the sailing before us was a private charter and it was chaos.

Okay, thank you.  I have FTTF out of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale in a few weeks.  I want to get on asap obviously, but I also don't want to get there to sit around for an hour.

1 hour ago, Hoops_Baller said:

Okay, thank you.  I have FTTF out of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale in a few weeks.  I want to get on asap obviously, but I also don't want to get there to sit around for an hour.

For that reason- we will head over about 11 so we do NOT have to sit with the zone #s

Arriving at 11- you get processed   then board with no waiting

• Like 1