Allegro or Occidental?

Illbcruzn4life

6 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

trying to decide which place to go to for our excursion.

Anybody been to either of these places and would like to comment?

TIA

I have been to both (day pass to Allegra/vacation at Occidental) and written about them previously. Try searching Barcelo on this forum and see if it comes up. I will see if I can find it.

However, briefly I would recommend Allegra for kids/young family., Occidental for older, with the caveat that the beach is a long walk from the main entrance.

Any specific requirements?

Edited by c-leg5

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

I have been to both (day pass to Allegra/vacation at Occidental) and written about them previously. Try searching Barcelo on this forum and see if it comes up. I will see if I can find it.

However, briefly I would recommend Allegra for kids/young family., Occidental for older, with the caveat that the beach is a long walk from the main entrance.

Any specific requirements?

Not really. Just prefer a quieter place . We are in our 60’s . Occidental sounds better except for the long walk to the beach. Are the pools and food near the beach as well?

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Not really. Just prefer a quieter place . We are in our 60’s . Occidental sounds better except for the long walk to the beach. Are the pools and food near the beach as well?

Found a couple of threads containing my previous reviews.

Keep in mind it has been 6 years since I was at Allegra and probably 3-4 years since Occidental, so things could have changed under new management.

If you are able to walk Occidental seems a better fit. Food and ambience better. Food, as long as the weather is good, and main pool are near the beach. There is a quieter, adult-only pool half-way between main building and beach, before the mangrove. If the weather is bad, buffet moves to main lobby area.