Suite flowers / fruit

isdoo

19 hours ago, freddie said:

Celebrity Amenity.docx 22.03 kB · 29 downloads

We often order flowers for our cabin or buy them in ports.   Several years ago, I went through the rather peculiar saga of ordering flowers for friends who were on an X sailing from Hong Kong.  I drafted a little script of the encounter, which is attached.  Sadly, it is only slightly exaggerated.

Freddie, your experience summarises so well the difficulties sometimes we all experience within the hospitality sector....You do sometimes hit the point where you start to question your own ability to speak in a coherent way as obviously your simple request is not clear or reasonable!!!

By the way, did your friends receive their flowers?

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Wonder why there's a lack of consistency....

You know I was thinking exactly the same and it shouldn’t be so...There should be an expectation about what you are going to experience in a high end suite...

If Celebrity thinks that there is a high level of waste on fruit bowls then why can’t they put it on the list of things the shore side concierge asks about? Let us say yes on no!

Then the flowers? Why have they gone? I don’t recollect ever having said I don’t want them, I am sure I have never been asked in a post cruise survey...I do want them! I like flowers! Travel arrangements don’t always make it easy to board with my own and to be perfectly honest why should I have to when I am paying ££££ for a suite? I should ‘expect’ to open the door and have a ‘wow’ moment part of which should be a flower display.

There are times when I really miss Celebrity coming on this board. I know they probably would just ‘cut and paste’ the PH amenities (which I am sure will not state flowers) but then at least I would know they are reading...Celebrity, if you are following please remember that booking a high end suite for most of us is about enjoying a room and making treasured memories...I don’t think an anticipation of a few flowers is too much to expect...

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

My husband was celebrating his birthday on our cruise last month on the Summit. Sky Suite, if that matters.

a81e50e679f006902baeca63be141782.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Very nice arrangement!

Cacti and Kelly Hoppen faux bleached coral are no substitute for fresh, beautiful organic flowers!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

Freddie, your experience summarises so well the difficulties sometimes we all experience within the hospitality sector....You do sometimes hit the point where you start to question your own ability to speak in a coherent way as obviously your simple request is not clear or reasonable!!!

By the way, did your friends receive their flowers?

In fact, by the grace of dog (and certainly not by the grace of Billy), both of the "Seasonal Large Arrangements" (as opposed to Large Seasonal Arrangements) somehow found their way to the cabin of our friends, who enjoyed them very much.   We continue to have no solid information regarding whether the Macarthur's speak Chinese or reside in Hong Kong, Mexico, or Canada.   

(If this exchange seems incomprehensible, even by CC standards, please refer to Post # 12 in this thread.)   Have a Happy Christmas (whether or not you speak Chinese or live in Mexico).