Return flight out of Orlando

Price31

We were sitting at our gate by 9:50 for our 11:30 flight, and security was busy that day. We were also lazy getting off the ship and walked off around 8. We used GoPortCanaveral for our transport. You could make a flight earlier than 11:30 if you were more diligent about debarking as soon as able.

The Orlando Airport recently made this announcement: "The TSA has implemented enhanced passenger screening procedures at MCO. Passengers are advised to arrive at the airport at least two hours before their flight." And it's about an hour from the port to the airport.

3 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

The Orlando Airport recently made this announcement: "The TSA has implemented enhanced passenger screening procedures at MCO. Passengers are advised to arrive at the airport at least two hours before their flight." And it's about an hour from the port to the airport.

Orlando is my home airport, and I fly out of it a dozen or more times a year.  I have TSAPre and even with that the lines have been three times as long as in the past. They are definitely giving things a lot more attention.  And there are wayyyy too many stupid people who will argue with them about the 16 ounce bottle of WalMart brand shampoo in their carry on--of course holding up everyone else in the line.

I used to be able to get to the airport 45 minute before my flight left and know I had plenty of time to make it.  Now I allow a minimum of an hour (no checked bag), and the past few flights I haven't had a lot of time to spare.

• Like 1