Knitters and Natters

crafticruiser

I think that the Knitter and Natters normally meet in the Piazza. Not sure if the group is formal, I think it tends to be more informal, but some of the work being done is beautiful. A nice way to meet other crafters and see what they are making. I know on one cruise we were on that a group, maybe from Cruise Critic, not sure, had all purchased the same kit or made their own kit, and were all working on them at the same time. Really cool.

3 hours ago, helby said:

When I was on Pacific two years ago the knitters met in the bar area outside the dining room which is quiet in the morning especially after  breakfast is finished. 

I have cruised on the Pacific Princess a number of times and like the above area the best for the Knitters snd Natters group.  We also met in the Lobby on one cruise.  On the PP this group is often hosted by one of the entertainers.

• Like 1

We were on the Pacific Princess in May of this year, and I attended the Knitters and Natters gatherings.  The Patter said that the group would meet in the bar outside the (only) dining room.  However, the group decided to move to a table (or more as needed) at the far end of the dining room, which gave us space to spread out our work and beverages etc. and also afforded a wonderful amount of natural light.  Being that the timing was after most folks had eaten breakfast, and that it was far from where any remaining diners would have been seated, there was no problem about too much noise.  And we were always gone before lunch set-up had begun. We had no staff host for our K&N group; in fact, I've never encountered one on a Princess ship.

i have never made it to a K&K because they are earlier that i want to leave my cabin and people, lol.  i swear on all of my cruises they were 8:30 or earlier, and i like to try and sleep in a little.  i do bring my knitting and a small wip bag to carry it around the ship with me and knit while waiting for shows.

• Like 1