Cruising from the US vrs Foreign ports

fdthird

15 hours ago, SRF said:

And CDG without status.

And MANY other airports around the world.

I am flying from NY to Rome with a change in Dublin.  I have a 2 hour layover in Dublin.  Will I have to go through customs in Dublin?  Last time, I flew non-stop to Rome so did Customs there.  Going back to NY, I am changing plans in London at LHR.  Will I have clear customs there if they are officially out of the EU by then?

12 hours ago, lovemylab said:

I've flown through CDG numerous times and never had to wait more than 30 minutes.  Longest wait I've ever had at any airport was Philadelphia (2.5 hours).  All depends on how many international flights are landing at the same time as you.

You have been lucky.

I have had over an hour wait, with premium status.

As to the last, DUH. 😄

10 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

I am flying from NY to Rome with a change in Dublin.  I have a 2 hour layover in Dublin.  Will I have to go through customs in Dublin?  Last time, I flew non-stop to Rome so did Customs there.  Going back to NY, I am changing plans in London at LHR.  Will I have clear customs there if they are officially out of the EU by then?

You mean immigration, not customs.   Immigration is where they check your passport  Customs is where they check your bags.  In most countries, even the US now, there is no formal customs checks.

Ireland is not part of the Schengen agreement, so you will do immigration in Rome.  You will be in transit status in Dublin.

EU/not EU has NOTHING to do with it.  It has to do with the Schengen agreement.  UK and Ireland are EU but not Schengen.  Switzerland is Schengen, but not EU.  Romania and Bulgaria are EU, but not yet Schengen.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:37 PM, fdthird said:

Really the cruise.  Are they run differently, different rules, different food, different shows and activities, etc. 

For the most part, shows, food and activities are the same.  Major changes however in Asian cruises, but European you won't notice much.  Some variations of food is added for local tastes, but this is minor and usually only in the Windjammer.  Language on board is always English unless it says "culturally enriching" on the webpage.  This is mostly in Asia.