Meet and Greets - Will We Fit In?

rwmartin

I love M&G's try to make them whenever available not all trips have them. Like roll calls some trips have a start up but it fizzles out. Which is Ok but have gotten lots of tips from the roll call, M&G, and the general boards here.

Plan on attending and if your not pleased leave. You should at least try this once. If you like the slots be sure to join a slot pull if it is available for your group as well these are so much fun.

Whatever you decide enjoy your cruise.

NCL have a "Dear GM" box on the Customer Services desk.   Use it as much as possible for positive as well as negative comments.   The GM's secretary will see that they get to the right person.

Use the card phone number for important things, explain how you got the number and "miracles" normally will happen.

It is sometimes difficult to make connections at the Meet and Greet after the ship presentation is concluded if no other activities are planned.   People tend to look around and then start leaving in the absence of further guidance.     We tend to connect with more people via the break out activities following the meet and greets that are generally organized on the roll calls.    Bridge, LRC, Slot Pull, Cabin Crawl and Pub Crawl to name a few.  These groups are generally smaller and there is more time to talk to and get to know people.    I love meeting new people when we travel and have stayed in contact with many.   

On 12/31/2019 at 3:50 PM, rwmartin said:

My wife and I will be going on our 4th cruise in the fall. I discovered CruiseCritic since our last cruise (nearly 10 years ago) and I enjoy reading the boards. We enjoy meeting people and have gotten to know some people, by chance, on previous cruises and ended up going to dinner together or meeting for the show on one or two nights. So, I'm interested in the Meet and Greets, but I'm wondering if my wife and I will fit in. We're in our late 40s and we will have been married 25 years when we go on the cruise. Based upon your experience at Meet and Greets you've attended on NCL ships, will we fit in? Will there be other people our age and with our limited cruising experience? Or will it be mostly retired folks who are Platinum with lots of cruising experience? I'm a bit of an introvert in new situations, so, I'm just wondering what to expect. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Sorry I am Platinum and far from retired. Have been on 14 cruises, some M&G have been lovely ,others not so much. If you feel uncomfortable just leave.