NYE

rcandkc

We'll be on a Regent Christmas/New Years cruise in Dec 21/Jan 22....Panama Canal/Mariner.  That will be our first "holiday" cruise with Regent, so we're looking forward to the activities/food/entertainment/decorations on board at that time of year.  ((I'll definitely NOT be in a tux.  The first and last time I wore one was at my wedding - 50 years ago - Yikes!))

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

One would think they would be in a nice port city over night--that way one could go out for the evening and still be back on the ship (if you want)--see fireworks.  But they always seen to be out at sea at midnight.

we spent New Year's eve 2 years ago in Shanghai and were in port over night.

Last year on the Mariner the ship was in Bali overnight on New year eve. The ship (Franck Galzy) arraigned a fabulous dinner and show at  local Lux hotel. I would guess that about 300+ passengers attended.

J

Edited by JMARINER
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, swansong said:

I would be grateful if any responder could also give some guidance as to what proportion of guests wear tuxedos on NYE.

Since no one has answered your post, I will.  On our one cruise that encompassed both Christmas and New Year's, I would estimate that less the 10% of male passengers wore tuxedos.  

On 1/1/2020 at 7:04 PM, rcandkc said:

I would love to be on Regent for NYE but most of the cruises that cover NYE start before Christmas.  I want to be home on Christmas and day after.  

I am currently on Explorer which sailed from Miami Dec.27, so NYE on board. Don’t know about future itineraries.