Dolphin Discovery to Chankanaab Park?

kuku77254

I'm a little confused and I'm hoping someone that has been to both can clear it up for me. I thought Chankanaab Park had Dolphin swim but the swim is actually at the Dolphin Discovery Center. It includes the park but the person at Discovery said it is about a 10 minute taxi from Dolphin Discovery to Chankanaab. Is that correct? If I want to do both, a taxi from port to dolphins then taxi to Chankanaab and then taxi back to port? If true, I'm thinking maybe we need a hourly car with us. Anyone weigh in on distance?

1 hour ago, kuku77254 said:

I'm a little confused and I'm hoping someone that has been to both can clear it up for me. I thought Chankanaab Park had Dolphin swim but the swim is actually at the Dolphin Discovery Center. It includes the park but the person at Discovery said it is about a 10 minute taxi from Dolphin Discovery to Chankanaab. Is that correct? If I want to do both, a taxi from port to dolphins then taxi to Chankanaab and then taxi back to port? If true, I'm thinking maybe we need a hourly car with us. Anyone weigh in on distance?

There are two dolphin swims in Cozumel - Dolphinaris and Dolphin Discovery. 

Dolphin Discovery is within Chankanaab and includes entrance fee to park.

It is within the park and is probably about 10 minutes taxi to Chankanaab from southern piers ( International and Puerta Maya).

Edited by c-leg5

Thank you, the map is very helpful. I definitely booked Dolphin Discovery and the person that booked it definitely said I had to take cab from port and then cab to park after dolphins. I went back to the chat transcript so I don't know what she was thinking. Anyway, I appreciate the info.