Explorer Forward Cabin Size

cello56

Does anyone know if the forward facing cabins on Explorer - 9502,9504, 9202,9204  are the same size? (I know the central ones are bigger because they are family cabins.) I am wondering if you lose square footage if you take the cabins on the end. 

8 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Cello 56, 

I think those rooms will be part of the March/April dry dock face lift.   I was on a site last night that showed a redesigned room, just a bit smaller, for sailings after dry dock.

Eddie

It is extremely rare for Royal to reconfigure existing cabins that will stay as the same category  during a drydock 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is extremely rare for Royal to reconfigure existing cabins that will stay as the same category  during a drydock 

Ourusualbeach, I agree with you, I thought that strange.   But I came across this last night, I assumed any changes would be done at dry dock because I can't see where they would have time to change while not in dry dock.

Tell me how you read this.....it is at https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Explorer-of-the-Seas

Then look in the blue box for the following note:  

Please note:

Next drydock in April 2020. Adding The Perfect Storm ...........Rockets Express and Starbucks. Click on tab for deck plans starting May 2021 to see changes.

So if you click deck 9, and the Starts Mat 7, 2021 tab, gosh darn if its not a completely different room layout.  

I think its sort of strange?

Eddie

2 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Ourusualbeach, I agree with you, I thought that strange.   But I came across this last night, I assumed any changes would be done at dry dock because I can't see where they would have time to change while not in dry dock.

Tell me how you read this.....it is at https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Explorer-of-the-Seas

Then look in the blue box for the following note:  

Please note:

Next drydock in April 2020. Adding The Perfect Storm ...........Rockets Express and Starbucks. Click on tab for deck plans starting May 2021 to see changes.

So if you click deck 9, and the Starts Mat 7, 2021 tab, gosh darn if its not a completely different room layout.  

I think its sort of strange?

Eddie

That's not a Royal site.  They have just cut and pasted wrong cabin images.  Even Royal screws up the images on their own website.  

I agree with you, but it still seems strange to me.  It has the note about all the other changes with dry dock (lots of them); Where did they come up with the May 7 date?  Where did they come up with the redesigned cabin artwork?

It does not really concern me, but I thought the OP may be interested since the request was for one of 4 specific cabins.  

Eddie

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 10:28 AM, cello56 said:

Does anyone know if the forward facing cabins on Explorer - 9502,9504, 9202,9204  are the same size? (I know the central ones are bigger because they are family cabins.) I am wondering if you lose square footage if you take the cabins on the end. 

Cello56, we were in 9204 a few weeks ago. The room is a little larger than a standard ocean view cabin. Last year we were in a standard cabin, it had a two person “loveseat” type sofa.  Maybe 6 inches of room around the bed.

Room 9204 had a standard 3 person sofa, and a few feet of room beyond the bed prior to the back wall/window.  That little extra room provides a great feeling.

One suggestion, bring a small can of spray on sunscreen.  You may ask...Why?

Well in the top right hand corner of the back wall, where the side wall panels edge against the ceiling panel, it had a tremendous SQUEAK. I woke up the first two nights and I needed to go topside to sleep.  I complained twice, maintenance coming both times.  They said it was structural, and could not be fixed.  I cold see where other passengers had tried to stuff tissue in between the panels, but it was awful.  Finally on the third night, I thought if I were at home I could shoot a little WD40 on it. 

I remembered my sunscreen, and thought, well it’s a little slippery, and a spray, so being sleep deprived I gave it a quick shot.  VIOLA....it worked perfectly.