Carnival Website down?

Hooked Already

4 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Back up and running this morning when I got up at 6am to do my check in for my April 5 cruise on the Magic. Thank goodness I have FTTF, because the earliest port check in slot available was 12:30-1:00! 

Same here. I logged in at midnight as soon as our check-in opened for our Horizon cruise and the earliest I could get was 12:30-1:00. Dang! There was talk on the forum about them taking a lot longer to debark the Horizon, but that was back when it was new. I figured they would've gotten faster by now. I understand they're bigger and take longer to clear, but being the second Vista class ship, I think they should have it figured out.

Oddly enough, my wife's cousin (who's going too) waited about a month to do her online check-in, but was still able to get the earliest Arrival Appt., same as us. I thought the earliest slots would've all been taken.

We have one FTTF, but two cabins. We still haven't managed to snag one for our son and his friend. We've been checking the site trying to catch one more everyday for several months. It was driving me nuts every time the website was down because I wasn't able to check FTTF. If we don't get another one, we'll keep ours and that'll give us a cabin to put all of our luggage in right away, but we'll probably wait and board a little later with our son and his friend. They're 18 so could go by themselves, but it wouldn't be fair to leave them.

12 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Same here. I logged in at midnight as soon as our check-in opened for our Horizon cruise and the earliest I could get was 12:30-1:00. Dang! There was talk on the forum about them taking a lot longer to debark the Horizon, but that was back when it was new. I figured they would've gotten faster by now. I understand they're bigger and take longer to clear, but being the second Vista class ship, I think they should have it figured out.

Oddly enough, my wife's cousin (who's going too) waited about a month to do her online check-in, but was still able to get the earliest Arrival Appt., same as us. I thought the earliest slots would've all been taken.

We have one FTTF, but two cabins. We still haven't managed to snag one for our son and his friend. We've been checking the site trying to catch one more everyday for several months. It was driving me nuts every time the website was down because I wasn't able to check FTTF. If we don't get another one, we'll keep ours and that'll give us a cabin to put all of our luggage in right away, but we'll probably wait and board a little later with our son and his friend. They're 18 so could go by themselves, but it wouldn't be fair to leave them.

I have to wonder if the reason only late times were available for my cruise, is because there is a Joyner chartered cruise debarking the morning we embark. They’ve been known to hold things up. 

5 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I have to wonder if the reason only late times were available for my cruise, is because there is a Joyner chartered cruise debarking the morning we embark. They’ve been known to hold things up. 

Ohh, you're on that cruise. 😯 Yeah, I remember the thread after the Joyner charter last year. People on the following cruise were TICKED because, one, it was taking forever to unload all the special equipment they loaded for the musical artist who performed, and two, all the hoity-toity people who were on that cruise, including some Carnival execs if I remember correctly, were taking their sweet time to debark. Yep, that's probably why you got a later time.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

Ohh, you're on that cruise. 😯 Yeah, I remember the thread after the Joyner charter last year. People on the following cruise were TICKED because, one, it was taking forever to unload all the special equipment they loaded for the musical artist who performed, and two, all the hoity-toity people who were on that cruise, including some Carnival execs if I remember correctly, were taking their sweet time to debark. Yep, that's probably why you got a later time.

Yea, I’m not happy about it, but as we are driving down from about 4 hours away, I’ll try to keep my cool and hope for the best. I believe we will leave our rental cottage around 6am, and should get there in plenty of time.