Cruise out of Baltimore-Fly into BWI need hotel!

helene109

We usually use Best Western on Dorsey Road in Elkridge MD for both flying from BWI and/or cruising from Baltimore.  We have used them a number of times and have been happy with their service.  There is a restaurant, Stained Glass Pub, adjacent to the hotel that we have used. Google Trinity Reservations for an inclusive price that is usually less than other sites.

• Like 1

Most of the hotels right by BWI are in industrial areas; so the lack of places to eat where you can walk is limited. I have stayed at the airport Marriott, Embassy Suites, and Hilton.   These hotels have shuttles to and from airport; but not to cruise port; which is about 8 miles north of airport. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 5:39 PM, Penn Mom said:

We usually use Best Western on Dorsey Road in Elkridge MD for both flying from BWI and/or cruising from Baltimore.  We have used them a number of times and have been happy with their service.  There is a restaurant, Stained Glass Pub, adjacent to the hotel that we have used. Google Trinity Reservations for an inclusive price that is usually less than other sites.

What time does the transport normally run from hotel to cruise port from the Dorsey RD. BW? 

My first thought is to look at one of the full service hotels near the airport. Marriott, Westin, Hilton. Those all have some form of on site restaurant. The Marriott, for instance, has both a typical restaurant and an actually fairly nice sports bar. They all have shuttles from the airport, and cab to the cruise port won't be too bad, or they can probably arrange something.

Many of the airport hotels will also shuttle you to local restaurants.  I know that the Hyatt Place does, among others.

I've stayed at the Marriott, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Hyatt Place, Embassy Suites, Sheraton, Westin, Fairfield Inn and Towne Place Suites and they're all fine hotels. Some will have a cruise package but otherwise, a Lyft/Uber is around $20 bucks, a cab is closer to $40 IIRC.  Last time I sailed from there I drove and parked at the pier.

12 minutes ago, megr1125 said:

Many of the airport hotels will also shuttle you to local restaurants.  I know that the Hyatt Place does, among others.

Yeah, I'd forgotten that. I think most of them will shuttle you anywhere in the "BWI Business District", basically Elkridge Landing and Nursery Road. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, riverdees05 said:

Do they have shuttle to the Cruise Port for Carnival?

Does who have a shuttle??

TBH, just get a cab, Uber or Lyft.  Easier and it goes when you want to go.  With the airport hotels, unless you book a cruise package, none of them will use their airport shuttles to take you to the pier. (Well, not as a rule...)  

Cabs are union with a starter at the airport.  They will take you for a tour of downtown Baltimore, the Inner Harbor etc before they take you to the cruiseport.  During most of this time you can argue that "We can see there is our boat...take us there" and they will act like they don't understand English.  Uber is the way to go.  20 cruise experience at BWI