Parking - Port of Long Beach

AZPurdue

Greetings. I am sailing on February 1 from Carnival's port in Long Beach, California. I plan to drive to the port and park in the garage adjacent to the cruise check-in area.

Does anyone have any experience parking there? My only concern is availability. Would hate to get there and find the garage full. Then I would be scrambling on sailing day. Thanks!

On 1/4/2020 at 3:16 PM, AZPurdue said:

Greetings. I am sailing on February 1 from Carnival's port in Long Beach, California. I plan to drive to the port and park in the garage adjacent to the cruise check-in area.

Does anyone have any experience parking there? My only concern is availability. Would hate to get there and find the garage full. Then I would be scrambling on sailing day. Thanks!

You should be fine.  Carnival has overflow parking and shuttles to/from the convention center nearby.  Check out this email from Carnival regarding parking at Long Beach:

image.png.00e0daac05b9bbfbfdeef898bed098bb.png

Other Carnival cruisers even as recent as last week say the parking garage has plenty of room, now that they've run the 3-dayers and 4-dayers out to Convention Center parking. I also read that the parking garage fee is $23 per day !  Is this correct ?

(you'll note the letter posted above is for IMAGINATION cruisers) I never got a letter  and I'm leaving on the PANORAMA next Saturday.

Almost correct.

They've only moved the Imagination pax to the Convention Center parking lot at $15/day, charged to your shipboard account.  Panorama and Inspiration park at port for $23/24hours.

Imagination parking info is on the boarding pass.

For now a good portion on Panorama's pax aren't parking in port   I'm sure that'll change once she loses that new ship smell.  Hopefully there will be enough parking when the construction is finished. 

Edited by SadieN

19 hours ago, glrounds said:

Other Carnival cruisers even as recent as last week say the parking garage has plenty of room, now that they've run the 3-dayers and 4-dayers out to Convention Center parking. I also read that the parking garage fee is $23 per day !  Is this correct ?

(you'll note the letter posted above is for IMAGINATION cruisers) I never got a letter  and I'm leaving on the PANORAMA next Saturday.

That's correct. When I first sailed 3 years ago, it was $19/day. Then $20/day the following year. Our most recent Christmas cruise on the Panorama was indeed $23/day... and provided quite the sticker shock because it was for 7 days instead of the usual 3-4 days we were used to! Also, we arrived at around 12:30pm and there was TONS of parking, and this was the Dec 21-28 sailing, i.e. ship was pretty full. From what I've read in other forums, even though the above notice was sent out in November, it doesn't seem like they were enforcing it when we sailed, because I did not see any signage or parking attendants directing passengers to one garage or another. Later cruisers did report signs and attendants directing Imagination cruisers away, so I'm assuming the garage was still housing all of Carnival's cruisers that day. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 9:39 AM, heckledtrio said:

That's correct. When I first sailed 3 years ago, it was $19/day. Then $20/day the following year. Our most recent Christmas cruise on the Panorama was indeed $23/day... and provided quite the sticker shock because it was for 7 days instead of the usual 3-4 days we were used to! Also, we arrived at around 12:30pm and there was TONS of parking, and this was the Dec 21-28 sailing, i.e. ship was pretty full. From what I've read in other forums, even though the above notice was sent out in November, it doesn't seem like they were enforcing it when we sailed, because I did not see any signage or parking attendants directing passengers to one garage or another. Later cruisers did report signs and attendants directing Imagination cruisers away, so I'm assuming the garage was still housing all of Carnival's cruisers that day. 

LOL, you mentioned "sticker shock" and that immediately triggered a little thinking about all the "extras" that I pay for that have nothing to do with what Carnival gets.

Parking @$23 per day - - - - - - - - - - $161

Employee tips @ $14 per day - - - -   $98

port fees and taxes  - - - - - - - - - - - - $107

Insurance - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  $119

Total costs that Carnival never gets $485

My inside cabin costs . . . . . . . . . . . . $524 (cruise solo so had to pay this double)

Not complaining. 32 cruises and still love Carnival. Just sayin' 🙄