Hotel Suggestion NCL Cruise Nov 2020 New York

Karen4120

Hi my husband and I will be cruising out of New York on NCL Encore.  We are leaving on 11/29 and plan to drive in on 11/28 and need a hotel suggestion.  We are driving in from Massachusetts.  I realize its a busy weekend so price might be a bit high.  My husband will be driving a rental car and we will need to return it either at Newark Airport or we can drop if off at a local location closer to the cruiseport.  DH works for Avis/Budget Group so he can drop the car off at either an Avis or a Budget location.  Do you know of any hotel locations that have Avis/Budget close by?  Any suggestions on where to stay?  Last time we cruised we left our car for the week but this time we are flying back from Florida so its not an option. 

If staying at the airport is a better option, do you know any hotels that offer shuttles to the port?  How much is the uber ride for 2?  Thanks for any suggestions.  

Karen

37 minutes ago, Karen4120 said:

We are leaving on 11/29 and plan to drive in on 11/28 and need a hotel suggestion.  We are driving in from Massachusetts.  I realize its a busy weekend so price might be a bit high.

Saturday after Thanksgiving is certainly busy in New York, but it's not insane. A lot of New Yorkers are out of town. Hotel prices in Manhattan right now are reasonable (by New York standards). Staying in New York would make a lot of sense since the ship leaves from midtown Manhattan. You mention that your husband works for Avis/Budget-- having done business with that company in the past I know that they have some great corporate rates at some very nice hotels in New York-- would be worth seeing if you could snag a reservation under the corporate rate. 

42 minutes ago, Karen4120 said:

My husband will be driving a rental car and we will need to return it either at Newark Airport or we can drop if off at a local location closer to the cruiseport.  DH works for Avis/Budget Group so he can drop the car off at either an Avis or a Budget location.

Coming in from Massachusetts it doesn't make any sense to go out to Newark Airport only to come back into Manhattan. In midtown there are a number of Avis/Budget locations (I used to use the one on the east side at 43rd St a lot, but there are a bunch of others). 

44 minutes ago, Karen4120 said:

o you know of any hotel locations that have Avis/Budget close by?  Any suggestions on where to stay? 

This all depends on your budget-- there are too many great New York hotels to list. Give some pricing parameters and you'll get a bunch of suggestions from the board.

45 minutes ago, Karen4120 said:

If staying at the airport is a better option, do you know any hotels that offer shuttles to the port?

I don't think a Newark Airport hotel makes any sense for a ship leaving from Manhattan, but for arguments sake, there are no hotels that offer shuttles to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. Uber will be about $50.