Question about Chile tourist visa .

Ivy86

I’m Taking a cruise from Chile to Argentina . I heard when arriving in Chile we will get  a tourist card calidad for 90 days but my question is  How do we return the tourist card  If flying back from Argentina? 🤔 does anyone knows? Also , do we get the tourist visa on the airplane or when passing immigration? 

Edited by Ivy86

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 10:46 PM, Ivy86 said:

I’m Taking a cruise from Chile to Argentina . I heard when arriving in Chile we will get  a tourist card calidad for 90 days but my question is  How do we return the tourist card  If flying back from Argentina? 🤔 does anyone knows? Also , do we get the tourist visa on the airplane or when passing immigration? 

You did not mention what country issued your passport.  We have U.S. passports, and there was no visa required for either Argentina or Chile.

• Like 1

We travel on Canadian passports.  We have entered Chile twice in the past three years.  Both times it was nothing more than a quick stamp in our passport.  I did not see an exit stamp  though they may be there.  I could not see them...too many overlays. We never had to bother with a visa...unless of course that ink stamp was a visa of sorts.

Edited by iancal

We just did a multicountry cruise.  the ship takes care to stamp you in and out of each one as needed. If your cruise stops in the Falklands you will get that one as well. You will enter Chile at the airport and the ship will stamp you out of Chile and into Argentina. they keep your passports until you disembark.

I forgot I had used my UK passport  on the cruise from Italy to Argentina and gave my Canadian one to catch the ferry from Buenos Aires to Montevideo as that is the one I got residency with in Uruguay.   The ticket guy went through every page and then asked where my entry stamp was for Argentina, I realized it was in my other passport. I showed him that and he issued the ticket for Uruguay and then customs stamped me out of Argentina.

• Like 1