Question about YTD reservations using Carnival app.

jlynchtx

We recently went on our first cruise with Carnival and used the app to make our your time dining reservations. I liked this feature, but we are going to be going on a second cruise with my elderly parents soon. We also chose YTD for all of us... can I still make reservations for all 5 of us (3 in my room and my two parents) using the app? They have a separate booking number, but I am helping them manage it through the carnival website. How would I go about getting a table for all of us during YTD? Sorry if this seems like a simple question, just never cruised with anybody else before. Thanks!

Have the bookings linked. When you open the app to do your YTD you will see their names. If not listed you can also search for their names. Simply check the box beside their name indicating they are dining with you. Then just wait for the notification of the table being ready like before.

16 hours ago, sc4125 said:

Can you make reservations for YTD on all ships now?  I know it wasn't an option on the Paradise when I was on in November.  

That’s a good question I hadn’t even thought of. The Vista was the ship we were on that had it,  but I hadn't thought of other ships not having it.

How does it work if the app can’t take reservations? Do you just go to the dining room and tell them how many?

18 hours ago, finoky said:

Have the bookings linked. When you open the app to do your YTD you will see their names. If not listed you can also search for their names. Simply check the box beside their name indicating they are dining with you. Then just wait for the notification of the table being ready like before.

Great, I was hoping it was easy like that. Thanks for the feedback!

16 hours ago, sc4125 said:

Can you make reservations for YTD on all ships now?  I know it wasn't an option on the Paradise when I was on in November.  

17 minutes ago, jlynchtx said:

That’s a good question I hadn’t even thought of. The Vista was the ship we were on that had it,  but I hadn't thought of other ships not having it.

How does it work if the app can’t take reservations? Do you just go to the dining room and tell them how many?

It wasn't available on the Valor a month ago. I don't think they've ever given info. as to when it'll be available fleet wide.

Right, if it isn't available on the app, you just go to the MDR when you're ready. They'll ask for your cabin number and how many dining.

6 minutes ago, lccruiser said:

Do you have to make reservations for YTD??

You can't make reservations for YTD, but you do have to check-in when you're ready to eat. Either through the app, if available, or in the MDR. Sometimes there's a wait, but it's usually not long. In my experience, the last night of the cruise has been the busiest, with half-hour waits when we've gone. When it's that long, they give you a buzzer.

When you use the app and tell them you’re ready, is there anywhere to add notes such as requesting by the window, a 2person table, or the name of a specific waitperson?  

The MDR is so slow that I’ve been skipping the MDR and going to the Lido. But now the Lido is not as good as it once was so now maybe it’s time to go back to the MDR.  

Perhaps I will ask for the fastest waitperson.  😁

3 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

When you use the app and tell them you’re ready, is there anywhere to add notes such as requesting by the window, a 2person table, or the name of a specific waitperson?  

no. if you any request like this, you will have to go to the check in desk

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 11:19 AM, shof515 said:

no. if you any request like this, you will have to go to the check in desk

It hasn't been available on any of our past cruises, but we'll finally get to use it on Horizon in a couple months. OK, so I know that you tell it how many people are dining, but when you do it through the app, are you assigned to your own table or with others?

6 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

It hasn't been available on any of our past cruises, but we'll finally get to use it on Horizon in a couple months. OK, so I know that you tell it how many people are dining, but when you do it through the app, are you assigned to your own table or with others?

You will be at your own table.