Sushi class - Adventure of Seas

lmp29

June sailing with friends. 13 yo daughter of friend loves sushi so I would like to sign her up for the class at Izumi; I hate seafood so I don't want to participate, I just want to attend so that she isn't alone.  Anyone have any experience to know if this is possible?  thanks much.

My mom and I did this class on Allure, and it was a lot of fun.  There was a large group of people in the class that couldn't eat certain things for religious reasons, so they were given alternatives.  You could always just use veggies and avocado to make your rolls if you don't want to use the seafood items, if you are unable to just attend with her and not participate.  I would think they would allow you to just be there, but I don't know for certain.  

I would suggest going to Izumi and asking them when you get on the ship and booking it directly with them. We did this class a few years ago on Navigator and we loved it. You make a large amount of sushi throughout the class so it was well worth it. I believe that during our class there were others there observing but just not sitting at the large table they were teaching the course at.

We did the sushi making class on Adventure last may and you can absolutely attend with your daughter but not participate. We had a couple of people attending our class but just watching and taking pics.

BTW you make a lot of sushi - we could not eat all of it and you cannot take it with you so if you have anyone else who can go and help eat the food that would be advisable.😁

We did the class on Adventure in August.

I’m sure that would be possible as there were a number of people when we did it not participating who sat to the side whilst the class was ongoing. 

I have to say it was a lot of fun and well worth it.

My DH is not a fan of fish, raw or otherwise, so when we signed up, he requested non-fish and/or cooked ingredients, and they accommodated. He actually had a great time even though he's not super interested in cooking generally, and has asked about doing the class again on a future cruise! So if you think you might be interested, sign up and do the class as well, with the special non-fish request. You might have a lot of fun! It is a lot of sushi to eat at the end of the class, so enlist help for that.