MyVegas and OBC

m12e31g

12 hours ago, Texasl8dy said:

I'm confused about the wording on this.  Does it mean that you have to redeem the OBC request to Royal within 14 days of booking a new cruise?

Yes, I tried adding it to a cruise booked earlier and was declined. I was able to put the coins back into my vegas account for next time.

They do kind of contradict themselves. As in one sentence is says 30 days, and in another it says 14 days.

Must be redeemed within 30 days of a new cruise reservation. Limited to sail dates within one year of redemption. Reward is applicable to new individual bookings only and is subject to verification. Redemption of reward must be forwarded to Royal Caribbean Reservations at clubroyale@rccl.com. No Later than 14 days of the cruise creation date Only one myVEGAS Reward can be used per reservation.  

When you redeem, in the MyVegas app it says "Rewards must be used within 14 days of purchase" it also says "Limit one cruise reward per player, per sailing" which is different than the email that you receive that says "Only one myVEGAS Reward can be used per reservation"

We tried to redeem an award for $50 OBC and were denied.  We called to find out why and were told it was due to the cruise not being booked through Club Royale.  They offered to cancel our existing booking and rebook through them so we could use the reward but the fare they quoted was higher.  Not worth it.