MyVegas and OBC

m12e31g

I used the MyVegas OBC on our last cruise and it was so easy to apply. I just booked 2 new cruises (2021 and 2022). I want to apply the MyVegas OBC within the 30 days of booking. However, is this OBC similar to others in that if I re-price I will lose it? Just wondering since it's so far out, there's higher chance of re-pricing.

1 hour ago, JBSteelerfan said:

I have been told in the past that the cruise you are applying the credit to, must be in the next 365 days.  Nothing allowed more than a year out.  Unless things have changed.

Ugh I'll have to check. Sort of caught in the middle then, have to apply within 30 days of booking but it can't be more than a year out?

41 minutes ago, m12e31g said:

Ugh I'll have to check. Sort of caught in the middle then, have to apply within 30 days of booking but it can't be more than a year out?

Correct.   Keep in mind, even if you redeem reward,  but it can't be used, it will added back into your account. 

15 hours ago, scottbee said:

We tried a couple of times to use MyVegas credits, and they only apply to specific pricing rates.  Of course the ones they applied to were all much much higher, making it completely useless.

The OBC has been fairly easy to get applied ... we have an upcoming cruise where both people in two cabins have added it. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Meekomist said:

Can you redeem two OBC for same stateroom/reservation (one per person, both MyVegas players). T&C seems to indicate no, but comments on here seem to indicate otherwise. 

You used to be able to, but I am not sure if the T&Cs have changed.

53 minutes ago, ChicagoCubsFan said:

Can someone explain how it works - once you redeem on My Vegas do u call Royal and give them the redemption code?

You will receive an email with the instructions when you cash in the points. The email address is clubroyale@rccl.com.  These were the instructions the last time I redeemed:

Thank you for your recent Royal Caribbean Cruise Line reward purchase. To complete your booking, please forward your purchase confirmation email to clubroyale@rccl.com and a guest services representative will contact you within 48 hours. Be sure to include: 1.Purchaser First and Last Name, Date of Birth and Citizenship 2.Guest First and Last Name, Date of Birth and Citizenship 3.Preferred Contact Time (i.e. Morning, Afternoon or Evening) 4.Contact Phone Number or Email 5.Crown & Anchor Number (if applicable) Reward is non-refundable and applicable to new individual bookings only and is subject to availability. One reward redemption per booking (stateroom). 

On 1/10/2020 at 8:53 AM, m12e31g said:

I used the MyVegas OBC on our last cruise and it was so easy to apply. I just booked 2 new cruises (2021 and 2022). I want to apply the MyVegas OBC within the 30 days of booking. However, is this OBC similar to others in that if I re-price I will lose it? Just wondering since it's so far out, there's higher chance of re-pricing.

If you reprice the bookin, its like a new booking. I had the same issue, but I just repriced and I am now under less than year for the sailing, so I was able to get the onboard credit.

I booked a cruise while we were on the ship. MyVegas said I couldn’t get additional onboard credit because I received onboard credit for booking onboard. Everything was within the timelines. Basically they said no double dipping. This is the first time this happened to me. 

On 2/24/2020 at 8:36 AM, vegascruiser1 said:

I booked a cruise while we were on the ship. MyVegas said I couldn’t get additional onboard credit because I received onboard credit for booking onboard. Everything was within the timelines. Basically they said no double dipping. This is the first time this happened to me. 

My Vegas has no idea to what cruise you are applying the reward.  You redeem points for OBC and then email RCCL to apply it to your booking.  If it is refused it is RCCL doing so not My Vegas.

I have applied several My Vegas Reward OBC on all types of cruise bookings and never an issue.

Royal Caribbean told me last week that each passenger could not use an OBC voucher. One per cabin. 

That’s interesting. My husband and I each redeemed $100 MyVEGAS OBC for our upcoming cruise in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, kruzerci said:

Royal Caribbean told me last week that each passenger could not use an OBC voucher. One per cabin. 

I never asked. I emailed mine with the info. It was redeemed. Then a few days later, she emailed hers. We have our own MyVegas accounts. 

1 hour ago, Meekomist said:

I never asked. I emailed mine with the info. It was redeemed. Then a few days later, she emailed hers. We have our own MyVegas accounts. 

I did the same. Got a different response than you.