Using OBC for tips

hokie_fan

I am finalizing my trip on the NS for Jan. 26. I can't remember if the OBC that I have will apply to tips?  I have been planning to pre-purchase a wine package for dinner and gin for the cabin, but do not want to do that if my OBC can't be used for the tips.  Crazy, but we have  4 - person cabin (hence the alcohol purchase) with gratuities already paid for first two passengers.I was hoping to cover the other two with the OBC. I am not sure who's account the credit will land in either.

I got hooked on HA and the NS last February and can't wait to return.  It was perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, OBC can be used for the HSC.

If there are 4 of you in the cabin, it doesn’t matter where the OBC “lands”.  It is credited to the cabin.

You should be fine.  

While I prebook dinner reservations and liquor for the cabin, I wait until I am on board to get the wine packages to see what is available (in stock) and give credit to the wine steward on board.  Just a thought.

4 hours ago, hokie_fan said:

I am finalizing my trip on the NS for Jan. 26. I can't remember if the OBC that I have will apply to tips?  I have been planning to pre-purchase a wine package for dinner and gin for the cabin, but do not want to do that if my OBC can't be used for the tips.  Crazy, but we have  4 - person cabin (hence the alcohol purchase) with gratuities already paid for first two passengers.I was hoping to cover the other two with the OBC. I am not sure who's account the credit will land in either.

I got hooked on HA and the NS last February and can't wait to return.  It was perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Since things can change at anytime with HAL, and since there is no advantage to paying before you board, I would just do both once onboard using the person's account who has the OBC in it.  I do not know how it works for a party of 4, but for just the two of us it all goes to one account (whoever is primary on the reservation).

IMO, you can sort it out later between yourselves (how you want to break it down), likely better than HAL's accounting would.

Edited by DaveOKC