Children/departure time/excursions vs normal depart

Raenstoirm

I will be traveling with my husband and my newly 5 year old twins on Indy out of FT Lauderdale. My son loves "crocagators" so I booked us one of the airboat tours through RCCL on departure day with airport drop off. The writeup says not to book a flight before 2:30. The next flight isn't till 6:47. Honestly I figure they will have us a the airport by 1:30 or so and that will be a lot of time to kill with 2 overstimulated overtired kids. My other option would be to fly in a day early and do the tour on my own (which flight wise is actually cheaper), so that makes the flight home at 1:45. I haven't cruised since the twins were born so I dont recall the day of departure details. What time do you have to be out of your room in the morning? Will the let us hang in our room till 8 or 9 and then go get some breakfast and then leave the boat 10ish? I figure a slow morning vs a "hurry up and wait" morning will cause less crankiness for all of us. 

12 hours ago, Raenstoirm said:

I will be traveling with my husband and my newly 5 year old twins on Indy out of FT Lauderdale. My son loves "crocagators" so I booked us one of the airboat tours through RCCL on departure day with airport drop off. The writeup says not to book a flight before 2:30. The next flight isn't till 6:47. Honestly I figure they will have us a the airport by 1:30 or so and that will be a lot of time to kill with 2 overstimulated overtired kids. My other option would be to fly in a day early and do the tour on my own (which flight wise is actually cheaper), so that makes the flight home at 1:45. I haven't cruised since the twins were born so I dont recall the day of departure details. What time do you have to be out of your room in the morning? Will the let us hang in our room till 8 or 9 and then go get some breakfast and then leave the boat 10ish? I figure a slow morning vs a "hurry up and wait" morning will cause less crankiness for all of us. 

Can’t tell you Royals specific procedures. You most likely will be asked to be out of your cabin by 830am and off the ship by 930 maybe 10am. Your kids will love the Everglades and the airboat ride. Did it a few years ago, saw lots of gators. We did it as an excursion after the cruise and were dropped off at MIA around 130pm. 

We were on the Allure in October. We also had a later flight so were in no hurry to get off the ship. I remember breakfast being the most limiting. Everywhere closed by 8:30 or 9 at the very latest. I didn't save the daily flyer, but I'm sure you can find some online for your exact ship.  I'd estimate we were off the ship the first time they told everyone to exit. that was probably about 9:15 or 9:30. I'd do the adventure the day before. Our flight was at about 2pm, and we still had plenty of time to kill in the airport.  FLL is not the worlds most exciting airport for kids. (We have 3 year old twins) I couldn't imagine having to entertain them from 1:30 to 6:30, and then on the plane as well!