Rough seas in March?

thegoaliegirl

Thinking of booking a last minute 10 day Mexico cruise at the end of March but I’m concerned about rough seas. Are the seas usually very rough? We would tender in Cabo and Loreto. One of my kids gets motion sick very easy. She didn’t do well on the rough part of our Kenai Fjords boat tour in Alaska. About how long are those tender rides? Thanks!

Heading south should be no problem. The tender ride in Cabo is probably less than 10 minutes. If the swells are to big in Cabo's little harbor then they will actually close the port and you won't pull in. It doesn't happen that often - but it can. No experience with Loreto - sorry.

Primarily - the rough seas will be as you head north of Cabo San Lucas on the way home. It will also be very windy on deck that last day/night. Ships are pretty stable but a good chance to feel a fair amount of motion on the last day.

But it is a fantastic chance to see the whales in action in March as well as the giant Manta Rays. Weather of course will be warm, except in the evening when a light jacket/hoodie might be welcome.

Many different remedies for motion sickness. Ginger tablets, wrist bands, patches, etc. Hopefully you can find one that works for your daughter.

• Like 1

Should also mention that the giant Manta Rays are mostly north of Cabo in the Sea of Cortez. I know La Paz is an excellent place to see them leap out of the water. Loreto is probably similar. Cabo occasionally sees them, but not as much.