Norwegian Jewel Questions

danny8826

Hi,

We are thinking about cruising on the Norwegian Jewel for the Australia & New Zealand Cruise.

We haven't cruise NCL for a long time (5+ Years).

We are hoping someone who has been on this ship before can help answer a few of our questions since the reviews seems to be mixed.

1.  How was the service? 

2.  How was the food quality & variety?

3.  How's the entertainment? 

4  Are there any dance class during the day?

5. Would you recommend this particular ship?

Thank you,

Danny

We have done many days on the Jewel and really enjoyed all of them

1.  How was the service?   Treat the staff right and they are excellent.

2.  How was the food quality & variety?  Never had a BAD meal, made a few bad choices trying something new and didn't like the meal, my bad not the ships.

3.  How's the entertainment?   Wife went every night almost and never had a BAD word.

4  Are there any dance class during the day?   Sorry no idea

5. Would you recommend this particular ship?  Certainly

9 minutes ago, casofilia said:

We have done many days on the Jewel and really enjoyed all of them

1.  How was the service?   Treat the staff right and they are excellent.

2.  How was the food quality & variety?  Never had a BAD meal, made a few bad choices trying something new and didn't like the meal, my bad not the ships.

3.  How's the entertainment?   Wife went every night almost and never had a BAD word.

4  Are there any dance class during the day?   Sorry no idea

5. Would you recommend this particular ship?  Certainly

Thank you casofilia

There are videos of this exact cruise on youtube if you check out Scott Singer Cruises.  My favorite part was the Jewel sailing those channels between the green mountains.  It almost looked like a green Alaska.  Check out his vlogs and videos of the cruise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

There are videos of this exact cruise on youtube if you check out Scott Singer Cruises.  My favorite part was the Jewel sailing those channels between the green mountains.  It almost looked like a green Alaska.  Check out his vlogs and videos of the cruise.

Thank you for the recommendations.

1 hour ago, danny8826 said:

Hi,

We are thinking about cruising on the Norwegian Jewel for the Australia & New Zealand Cruise.

We are hoping someone who has been on this ship before can help answer a few of our questions since the reviews seems to be mixed.

1.  How was the service? 

Thank you,

Danny

Hi

We have recently returned from a New Zealand cruise on Jewel. It was actually our first time on this ship but have sailed on many other Norwegian vessels.

As you might expect the itinerary was just superb and as for the ship itself that also was just brilliant. Found service from the crew to be professional with a great smile and attitude throughout the ship. We engaged with many of them, appreciating their service. 

As has already being mentioned never had a bad meal. Yes an occasional poor choice but you learn ! Enjoyed the main dining rooms as well as the buffet especially being able to enjoy a drink and meal outside in the The Great Outdoors. 

We were selective in which shows we attended and enjoyed them while there seemed to be a pretty full entertainments programme to suit all tastes. Not totally sure but seem to remember a dance class or two in The Bliss Lounge

Would I recommend this ship, yes without a doubt. We would want to sail on her again.

John 

11 minutes ago, robins11 said:

Hi

We have recently returned from a New Zealand cruise on Jewel. It was actually our first time on this ship but have sailed on many other Norwegian vessels.

As you might expect the itinerary was just superb and as for the ship itself that also was just brilliant. Found service from the crew to be professional with a great smile and attitude throughout the ship. We engaged with many of them, appreciating their service. 

As has already being mentioned never had a bad meal. Yes an occasional poor choice but you learn ! Enjoyed the main dining rooms as well as the buffet especially being able to enjoy a drink and meal outside in the The Great Outdoors. 

We were selective in which shows we attended and enjoyed them while there seemed to be a pretty full entertainments programme to suit all tastes. Not totally sure but seem to remember a dance class or two in The Bliss Lounge

Would I recommend this ship, yes without a doubt. We would want to sail on her again.

John 

Thank you robins11 for a very detailed response. 

This is especially great to know since you just return back from the same region that we plan to cruise. :)

My DH & I sailed on the Jewel 10 day to NZ in December. This was my fourth time on the Jewel. I love the size of the Jewel (approx. 2400 pax). The crew were great, very friendly and helpful. 

The ports in NZ are excellent. 

1.  How was the service? Excellent

2.  How was the food quality & variety? We enjoyed all our meals. The only negative is my DH ordered two courses to my one and twice they were brought out almost simultaneously.  

3.  How's the entertainment? I really enjoyed the shows especially Rock you Tonight and Velvet. The band is from Columbia. I also really enjoyed the pianist.

4  Are there any dance class during the day? Yes. They had two or three dance classes in Spinnaker Lounge

5. Would you recommend this particular ship? Absolutely

21 hours ago, danny8826 said:

Hi,

1.  How was the service? 

Thank you,

Danny

We just did this cruise, Staff/service was great, I thought the food was just ok (In addition there was no sherbet, chocolate milk, skim milk for most of the cruise) Entertainment nightly shows were good, variety of dance classes every day, yes I would recommend. 

7 hours ago, Gizmosmum said:

My DH & I sailed on the Jewel 10 day to NZ in December. This was my fourth time on the Jewel. I love the size of the Jewel (approx. 2400 pax). The crew were great, very friendly and helpful. 

The ports in NZ are excellent. 

1.  How was the service? Excellent

2.  How was the food quality & variety? We enjoyed all our meals. The only negative is my DH ordered two courses to my one and twice they were brought out almost simultaneously.  

3.  How's the entertainment? I really enjoyed the shows especially Rock you Tonight and Velvet. The band is from Columbia. I also really enjoyed the pianist.

4  Are there any dance class during the day? Yes. They had two or three dance classes in Spinnaker Lounge

5. Would you recommend this particular ship? Absolutely

Thank you for the info.  This is very helpful to know.

1 hour ago, Newleno said:

We just did this cruise, Staff/service was great, I thought the food was just ok (In addition there was no sherbet, chocolate milk, skim milk for most of the cruise) Entertainment nightly shows were good, variety of dance classes every day, yes I would recommend. 

Thank you for the info.