HELP WITH BEACH!!!

elaineb

Hi All - I am looking for a beach for my husband and I.  The MOST important thing is that it must have shade.  Our ship is arriving late at 11AM, so I need somewhere where we will still be able to get an umbrella or palapa at noon.  I have had 3 skin cancers and even though I load up with sunscreen, I burn pretty quickly.  I do a mad dash and swim for 10 or 15 minutes, then back under the umbrella.  I originally was looking at Nachi Cocum, but it has mixed reviews and also says if you do not arrive early, you won't get a palapa and they don't have umbrellas.

So please help me find a spot where we can enjoy a few hours at a beach.  We are not drinkers, so all inclusive is not a factor for us.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 hour ago, elaineb said:

Hi All - I am looking for a beach for my husband and I.  The MOST important thing is that it must have shade.  Our ship is arriving late at 11AM, so I need somewhere where we will still be able to get an umbrella or palapa at noon.  I have had 3 skin cancers and even though I load up with sunscreen, I burn pretty quickly.  I do a mad dash and swim for 10 or 15 minutes, then back under the umbrella.  I originally was looking at Nachi Cocum, but it has mixed reviews and also says if you do not arrive early, you won't get a palapa and they don't have umbrellas.

So please help me find a spot where we can enjoy a few hours at a beach.  We are not drinkers, so all inclusive is not a factor for us.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I've arrived at Nachi Cocom at various times of the day (early and late) and in 7 or 8 trips there, only once were we not given our own palapa. And that day we weren't even scheduled to be there. Because of a storm, our ship arrived in Cozumel a day earlier than it was supposed to, but they still honored our reservations. And even with them being over their limit of 140 people - they still got us in the shade. There is a grove of palm trees down on the end of the beach and we spent the day underneath them and it was just as nice as all the other times when we've been given a palapa. 

• Like 1

Playa Palancar is pretty nice. Non-AI, just pay as you go.  Chairs and umbrellas were available and I think they were free if you were drinking and eating. 

Its about the farthest beach club from town so it’s probably less crowded than others. But it would be a higher cab fare than closer spots.  We rented a car so we were happy to avoid crowds.