Any Jade Mini-suite experiences?

ppcox

Have considered bidding on a mini suite (plenty available ) for our up coming cruise. But all mini suites are on the 11th deck and above are  public spaces such as the buffet and pool. I wondered if anyone has any experiences of these cabins to share.

we currently have a midship balcony on 10 with cabins above and below.

I understand from reviews that the balcony cabins are small and the mini suites significantly  bigger and the minimum upgrade bid is really low so tempting. 200 sq ft compared to 275 sq ft and balconies 38 compared to 54 sq ft

The cruise is NCL Jade out of Hong Kong on 17 Feb for 10 days to Singapore

I wouldn't book a mini-suite on the Jade unless I could choose the cabin location, otherwise you might get stuck under an area with early morning noises.  While a mini-suite is slightly larger and the bathroom has a tub I wasn't all that impressed with the cabin.  I did enjoy having a larger balcony.  Personally I would stick with the mid-ship balcony on deck 10,

Watch the prices on the minis.  As they drop, you may be able to upgrade for the same amount or less as a bid and select your cabin.  

We have been in 2 minis on the Jade (and 3 times on sister ships) -  always forward under the spa or library.  Great location. 

I would bid or upgrade to a mini on any of the Jewel Class ships. The mini is much better real estate.  The cabin itself is wider and more comfortable and the balcony is infinitely better. You can fit a lounger!  Highly recommend. Happy cruising. 

Absolutely no way that I would bid, or book a guarantee for a mini suite on the Jewel class ships. Far too much risk of getting one in a bad location.

The main benefit to the mini suites for us is if we are travelling with our son, because the sofa bed doesn't block the balcony door in the mini suites. If it was just the two of us then I don't see much benefit of the mini suite over a balcony.

When booking minis on these ships we make sure we choose the cabin.

On 1/15/2020 at 6:47 AM, ppcox said:

Have considered bidding on a mini suite (plenty available )

The cruise is NCL Jade out of Hong Kong on 17 Feb for 10 days to Singapore

At this point it looks like only four MS are available.  They are under the splash academy and the teen club dance floor.  This may make your decision a lot easier.  

1 hour ago, Joken35 said:

We were in a mini suite on the Jade. The nose  in the morning from movement above , was our morning alarm clock. 

Which cabin number?  What was above you?

Edited by Lou33

10 hours ago, Lou33 said:

At this point it looks like only four MS are available.  They are under the splash academy and the teen club dance floor.  This may make your decision a lot easier.  

There were loads last time I checked but yes you are right decision made . Thanks

Just got off the Jade on Jan 13th, was in the mini suite 11532 which is just forward of the splash academy.  Even with earplugs you could hear or "feel" the deck chairs being put in position every morning around 615am but it was never any longer than a minute.  Another issue we had, we were in SE Asia, entire cruise was expectedly very hot and humid.  There are two thermostats in the mini suites, we had it down to the lowest setting the entire time.  The A/C did work but not great and our best guess is it was a double whammy of heat rising from below and the sun heating up the deck above.  I would guess the stateroom temp never got below 75f and would exceed 80f on sea days (thermostat doesn't list a numeriic tempature).  Called maintenance several times, said its working as expected.  There is a “quick cool” function which we utilized whenever possible.  Not sure if the AC wqs fully operational, but if I could do it all over again I’d try for a stateroom that did not have a deck directly above it.

We were on the Jade last fall sailing to Greece and Italy.  The mini-suites are a decent size especially if you are on a longer cruise, ours was 10 days.  We were at the Aft of the ship under La Cucina.  We never had a problem with noise - we had three cabins on the port side.  One of our friends was in the aft on the starboard side under the Great Outdoors and said they never heard any noise.  However, they had young children on either side of them that made a lot of noise.  

I will say if you are on a port intensive itinerary you are most likely going to be up and about at an early hour.  

The only downside to the mini suite is that the closet is next to the bed and a bit of a pain to get in and out especially if you are trying to get dressed at the same time.  That said we have booked a mini suite again on the Jewell. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2020 at 6:31 AM, KeithJenner said:

Absolutely no way that I would bid, or book a guarantee for a mini suite on the Jewel class ships. Far too much risk of getting one in a bad location.

The main benefit to the mini suites for us is if we are travelling with our son, because the sofa bed doesn't block the balcony door in the mini suites. If it was just the two of us then I don't see much benefit of the mini suite over a balcony.

When booking minis on these ships we make sure we choose the cabin.

We were in a mini suite on the Jade. Everything was fine with the location (we chose our cabin). Drawbacks were the closet was hard to reach and open next to the bed, and the bathroom had a bathtub/shower combination. We prefer a shower only, therefore stayed in a balcony cabin on our next cruise.