Carnival Panorama Drop Off/Pick Up Suggestion!

klfhngr

I'm kind of hesitant posting my secret, but here it is:

I dropped off my parent on Saturday for their Panorama cruise. The car line to drop people off was SUPER long! I had to go to the restroom, lol. So I went to the left where it said Queen Mary parking, instead of Cruise Terminal. Guess what? When you go in, drift left then right and there is the Spruce Goose dome! Super quick walk to the porters. So I left my parents there! That's also where I'll be picking them up! So no long car lines anymore! And, parking is free for the first 30 minutes. You can actually park along the grass and wait, it's hard to explain, but trust me on this!IMG_20200111_105211.thumb.jpg.8a79f8d02c8915aa92a5b80db64c1797.jpg

• Like 4

What time did you get into the drop off line at the port?  Are there different lines for different types of cars?

Curious if there is a time to arrive to see a shorter line.  We always take uber to the port.

56 minutes ago, jdemps said:

What time did you get into the drop off line at the port?  Are there different lines for different types of cars?

Curious if there is a time to arrive to see a shorter line.  We always take uber to the port.

Was there at about 10:45 am. When you drive into the Port of Long Beach area, you can go straight for cruise ships or go left for Queen Mary parking. Lines not different for different types of cars, just long line for people being dropped off for Panorama. Because the line was long and I had to use the restroom, I went to QM side because there was no line! 

If I was you, if the line is long, have the Uber driver go to the QM parking. After entering left, you'll make a right along the shops and you'll end up right next to the dome, the QM will be on your left side. I met several people that found this spot by accident also! They too said that they'll be picked up here also and that they would use this as a drop off spot moving forward. Also, saw many people that stayed overnight at the QM that were walking straight to the ship.

Edited by klfhngr
  • Like 1

If you do not have mobility issues, I can agree that this is a decent alternative to long lines in and around the parking structure...at least until this loophole gets closed, that is. Also, If there are any big events such as Dark Harbor or Christmas at Queen Mary, you can not get as close as the roads will be blocked.

There is also a dropping off point behind the parking structure (after right-hand side ticket gates use left lane and turn left instead of continuing straight) that you might be able to use. This, however, isn't useful if the traffic is packed up all the way outside the ticket gates.

Blue is for the QM side, red for the cruise terminal side of the ticket gates.

3563D578-4EAD-4408-9372-86D5FAB6BEDE.thumb.jpeg.ca1e55ec099e59bd6bad3d82bcd2c300.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AgentMinusOne said:

If you do not have mobility issues, I can agree that this is a decent alternative to long lines in and around the parking structure...at least until this loophole gets closed, that is. Also, If there are any big events such as Dark Harbor or Christmas at Queen Mary, you can not get as close as the roads will be blocked.

There is also a dropping off point behind the parking structure (after right-hand side ticket gates use left lane and turn left instead of continuing straight) that you might be able to use. This, however, isn't useful if the traffic is packed up all the way outside the ticket gates.

Blue is for the QM side, red for the cruise terminal side of the ticket gates.

3563D578-4EAD-4408-9372-86D5FAB6BEDE.thumb.jpeg.ca1e55ec099e59bd6bad3d82bcd2c300.jpeg

I can attest to that!  The red drop off line (curves from Windsor past the fire station) is where the long semis would go through for their deliveries/pick ups so it will clog at certain times (from about 7am-11am I estimate).  If dropping off, the blue line area would be advisable to avoid the grid lock.

thanks, @AgentMinusOne for the map and @klfhngr for the tip!

Edited by Ak4n3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ak4n3 said:

I can attest to that!  The red drop off line (curves from Windsor past the fire station) is where the long semis would go through for their deliveries/pick ups so it will clog at certain times (from about 7am-11am I estimate).  If dropping off, the blue line area would be advisable to avoid the grid lock.

thanks, @AgentMinusOne for the map and @klfhngr for the tip!

I an assure you that it's a quick walk. I left my truck there by the grass, close to Dark Harbor on the map, and walked my moms stuff to the porter area (white canopy's/tents?). Just a couple minutes away.

Anyhow, I'll be there tomorrow, I'll provide an update if it's still an option or not.

Using the image that Agent provided, I did what's in green. The x is where I parked and the rest is where I walked too.

Parking.PNG

Edited by klfhngr