Sky Princess aft suite soot issues (?)

Chefwoody

Still no posts (one way or the other) on whether or not Princess solved the black soot issues on the Royal class ships aft suites.  Royal & Regal both still suffer from the greasy soot that sticks to your feet and follows you into the suite daily.  I'd sure appreciate hearing from any and all who have or are sailing Sky reporting in on this.  

1 hour ago, Chefwoody said:

Still no posts (one way or the other) on whether or not Princess solved the black soot issues on the Royal class ships aft suites.  Royal & Regal both still suffer from the greasy soot that sticks to your feet and follows you into the suite daily.  I'd sure appreciate hearing from any and all who have or are sailing Sky reporting in on this.  

Yes there is soot.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes there is soot.

Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately, after having experienced soot and fumes first-hand on the Royal, and seeing it first-hand when visiting friends with an aft cabin on the Regal, I will never book one again. Too bad because the location and views are wonderful. Have had wonderful aft suite and cabin experiences on the Grand Class (and on X).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john_galt said:

I had none in December on the 3-day Inaugural Getaway (E729). I booked an aft suite on the Discovery (D726) for 2021.

If there is soot, I'll deal with it. 

I had it big time in D726 on the Royal/Regal.

It was not possible to deal with it for us.

Never again.

I saw enough of it on the Sky to see it is still an issue.

Yes some have it and some don't based on many factors.

Not worth playing Russian Roulette whether there will be soot or not in a suite as far as I am concerned.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I can't believe Princess continues to churn out more ships with the same soot problem.  Just came back from the Mexican Riviera on the Royal.  Aft penthouse, unusable balcony.  We won't be booking one again, we'll have to suffer with a smaller balcony that can actually be used!  Terrible, terrible, terrible.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SDWalt said:

Honestly, I can't believe Princess continues to churn out more ships with the same soot problem.  Just came back from the Mexican Riviera on the Royal.  Aft penthouse, unusable balcony.  We won't be booking one again, we'll have to suffer with a smaller balcony that can actually be used!  Terrible, terrible, terrible.

I think you will have to wait for the LNG ships...