why doesnt oasis go to bermuda

luckyinpa

Oasis is much wider than Anthem.  

The channel into the Royal dockyard also has some turns in it, it's not a straight shot.  No safety margin given the width of the Oasis. 

Sailing in on any ship and you see coral reefs on either side of the ship in places within the channel.  The channel starts near the top of the island where the pilot station is located and snakes its way around and down to the Royal dockyard so it's a complex approach that takes some time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Sailing in on any ship and you see coral reefs on either side of the ship in places within the channel.  The channel starts near the top of the island where the pilot station is located and snakes its way around and down to the Royal dockyard so it's a complex approach that takes some time.

Yup, that's why we couldn't leave on Empress when a Hurricane surprised Bermuda.

6 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

nice to bring her to NY but going to the tired bahamas all the time is a no go for me. why not at least mix it up and go to bermuda some of the time?

Forget about the Bahamas I don’t want to get on a cruise ship that calls at Port Canaveral. The only Florida port of call I would accept is on a reposition cruise that calls on one of the ABC islands.