Drink Package and OBC

latitude918

I've accumulated a good amount of OBC.  We are thinking about getting the drink package.  Instead of pre-paying for it, if I wait to get it on board will it take out of my OBC?  IE:  IF drink package is 600 and I have 300 OBC will it deduct and give me the 300 difference charged to me at the end of the cruise?  (Numbers were round flat numbers used for example purposes only) 

Thanks! 

You have no control over what your OBC is used for.

If you have a $300 OBC, your Sail & Sign account just starts out with -$300 in credit instead of $0.

As a charge comes across your account, it gets charged. Let's assume your Drinks package is $600.

Then your S&S account will be +$300.  $300 from the credit and the remaining balance due on your S&S account.

But your gratuities could get charged first. Or something you immediately buy from a gift shop....

Edited by klfrodo

1 minute ago, klfrodo said:

You have no control over what your OBC is used for.

If you have a $300 OBC, your Sail & Sign account just starts out with -$300 in credit instead of $0.

As a charge comes across your account, it gets charged. Let's assume your Drinks package is $600.

Then your S&S account will be +$300.  $300 from the credit and the remaining balance due on your S&S account.

But your gratuities could get charged first. Or something you immediately buy from a gift shop....

Understood 🙂 

That is how I assumed that things operated, I just wanted to check with other peoples experiences, because you know what happens when you assume.  🙂  

• 2 weeks later...

If you have more OBC than the cost of gratuities and the difference between pre-paying Cheers and purchasing on the ship (and know that you are unlikely to otherwise spend the OBC) then getting it on the ship sounds very reasonable.

If you think you are likely to also book specialty restaurants, spa treatments, etc and otherwise use the funds then pre-purchasing the drinks package with the discount makes more sense.