Costa Cruises Upgrade

gerryuk

On 2/28/2020 at 4:26 PM, tenpin said:

There are a few differences, firstly you have preference to your choice  of dining times, you also can have breakfast in your cabin at no charge,  this is just a continental type of thing, but with a few cooked choices. I think there is also a VIP get together, although we never go to these now far to crowded. 

The recent Diamante cocktail party on Victoria had less than 60 attending

The Victoria is considered a small ship & very old,  Perla Diamante members have either done that & been there or not interested, While in the Med hundreds of members sail on of the Med ports on every cruise..

I agree, Tenpin, the VIP cocktail parties on the Med cruises are very crowded now due to the large number of Perla Diamanté members.
The Bellavista Club restaurant on the Smeralda has the permanent sign Club restaurant on it but I doubt whether there will ever be a cruise on Smeralda with a small enough number of Perla Diamanté members for them to be able dine there!

The problem with Costa is that your points keep expiring every 3 years.

So unless you sail with Costa regularly, you may get downgraded in status.

Whereas with MSC, your points don't expire and you retain your status provided you do your next Cruise within 36 months

And with the American Cruise lines, I think your points never expire and your status can only go up not down

I complained many times to H.O. & on-line to info'@costa.it when they decided to change the way points were awarded.

Their most loyal customers were left on the side line by these stupid new rules.

I was penalized in the first year as I lost my points from five cruises which we had taken three years before, although we are still Perala Diamante I drop below 26,000 this year due to illness when I could not cruise, although luckily my wife did go so retains that status.

I will have to do two 14 day cruises each year to keep the highest club level, I asked why not introduce a higher level instead of punishing their loyal clients several times, but with no reply.

I think after this year it will be our last with Costa they really don't want loyalty.  

• Like 1