Epic Haven deck 16 or 17

Peachypooh

I have been thinking of the Epic Western Med cruise and thank you to all that gave me their

opinons. After pricing airfare and itinerary it looks like the last week in Aug. is the best price

for us. Now I am looking at which deck. Is there any advantage to either? Thanks.

I've stayed on both decks 16 and 17 in Epic Haven.  I don't think there is a huge difference.  The restaurant,  courtyard area and concierge is on deck 16.  When we stayed on deck 17 we just came down the spiral staircase to deck 16.  There is a sundeck on deck 18.  We never heard chairs moving but some people are sensitive to this noise so consider that.  I would gladly stay on either deck again if the price was right.  What kind of suite are you booking?    If you are looking at 2 bedroom suites, remember that 16001 and 17001 are several feet wider than all other 2 bedroom suites on Epic.  There is a solarium but its so big its like another room and the forward views are amazing.

To answer your question, deck 16 is a tad more convenient.  But deck 17 does feel a bit more exclusive.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Thanks 1

We've always done 17 (staying for the third time in the same suite next month). We've heard deck chairs moving above us a few times, but it never was an issue.

We thought Deck 17 was a bit quieter overall since we were away from the hustle & bustle of Deck 16, but it was never an issue to get to where we needed -- we used the spiral staircase.

• Thanks 1

we were on 16 when we cruised on Epic. We usually try to book a room on the same deck as the pool/bar just for the convenience. Our kids can run back to the room to grab something and we can watch them get there so it works for us.

• Thanks 1

We stayed on 17, I’d say it was a little bit quieter than 16 where the pool, bar and restaurant are. It was just a quick walk down the spiral staircase. You really can’t go wrong with either, have a great time!

• Thanks 1

We prefer deck 16 on the Epic.The Haven Restaurant, Haven Lounge & Bar, Haven Courtyard Grill & Bar, Concierge Lounge, Haven Courtyard Pool & Spa are all located on 16. Very convenient to everything. There is also a private elevator in the Haven Lounge  that will take you down to the Great Outdoors on deck 15, or up to Posh on deck 18. You will have to use your Haven Key Card in that elevator.

• Thanks 1