Travel insurance- cruise cover

Vampiress88

Reading all the insurance problems on here. Bearing in my that Pando's new target market is the family group with young children, I do wonder how many people actually read the bumph that comes with insurance cover , actually tell the insurance company they are going on a cruise and where.

Its a bit like the first time we did a Caribbean transtlantic. quite a bit younger , no health issues. I cannot remember having any problems with insurance, besides telling them we were on a cruise. Don't think we even told them where.

The last time we did one we made sure the insurance company knew where we were going and covered us..at no little cost.

I know it is up to the passengers themselves to sort this out, but I wonder if they just go for the cheapest quote, because they have to have it, and leave it at that.

I understand what you are saying English Lady. I can assure you that we are very thorough when taking out travel insurance. We have seen several medical evacuations, three last year in the Fjords. We could only hope for their sakes that they were comprehensively covered.  My husband had a heart attack 5 years ago and although on his recent annual health review everything was fine, we still declare his full history. No point in playing roulette with travel insurance. 

• Like 1