Help with choosing a ship

kelkel2

It’s been a while since we’ve been on a cruise, like maybe 4 years. We have young children now, and our travel interests and needs have changed. I know the Vista has the family style rooms, but I haven’t kept up with the renovations and new builds. What other ships offer those style rooms? We’re looking at booking a cruise when our twins would be 3 years old, so a ship with the family rooms would be perfect for our needs. 

The three newest ships have the family harbor: Vista, Horizon, and Panorama. The Mardi Gras has been delayed until at least close to the end of the year and is not in service yet, but should have the family harbor also. Depending on when you are cruising, the Mardi Gras might be available. But the newest ship tends to be most expensive for a while.

Horizon, I sailed it with a 5 year old in a family harbor room which was perfect because the family lounge had a breakfast station a few seats and games and video games and television do my little one loved it and get icecream station. 

Coffee espresso machine for adults...also milk and yogurt provided in the refrigerator.

5 year old loves the area because some of the kids would play the video games all excited and she thought she was a big kid with them watching them play.

Just wondering... with the kids being only 3... perhaps they might be a bit young to take advantage of what Family Harbor offers. Family Harbor staterooms are located near the Family Harbor Lounge, an exclusive spot featuring breakfast in the morning, snacks throughout the day, plus activities like board games, family movies, video games and more.

Just a thought.

15 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Just wondering... with the kids being only 3... perhaps they might be a bit young to take advantage of what Family Harbor offers. Family Harbor staterooms are located near the Family Harbor Lounge, an exclusive spot featuring breakfast in the morning, snacks throughout the day, plus activities like board games, family movies, video games and more.

Just a thought.

Honestly, I don’t really know? It’s been years since we’ve cruised. And I just liked the idea of being in a family space that’s kid friendly. 

We’re not worried about the cost of the room, do you think an average suite with extra space would be just as good? I’m totally rusty when it comes to cruise details and planning.