Honolulu Day Hotel Options

oceanbreeze50

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know of a hotel in Honolulu that offers "day options"?   After departing the ship early morning, I have a flight that does not leave until approximately 8:45 PM.  Having been to Honolulu several times, I thought it might be nice just to get a room for the day and relax before my long flight home.  Most hotel check-ins are not until 3 PM which would not work for me.  

I have also been checking tours but they do not hold your luggage.  Any suggestions will be appreciated............thanks!

34 minutes ago, oceanbreeze50 said:

Does anyone know of a hotel in Honolulu that offers "day options"?   After departing the ship early morning, I have a flight that does not leave until approximately 8:45 PM.  Having been to Honolulu several times, I thought it might be nice just to get a room for the day and relax before my long flight home.  Most hotel check-ins are not until 3 PM which would not work for me.  

There are a handful of mid market hotels that advertise day rooms. If you wanted something on the beach (along with beach services, pool, etc) there are a few higher end hotels that don't advertise day rooms, but will accommodate them if they can. We've done it once at the Royal Hawaiian which worked out great with the beach access. It wasn't a deal-- we paid for the night as if we would have stayed over-- but by calling over they allowed us to check in at 9am and have full use of all facilities like we were guests. 

If they exist, I couldn’t find one. We did exactly like Princeton and spent the day at Royal Hawaiian (we had stayed there 3 nights prior to the cruise) and it was a great day.  You could find a less expensive hotel and reserve a night. It’s an added expense but every time I read that someone had done this, they said it was worth it and I agree.

Another option we considered was Resort Pass. I contacted Prince Waikiki who offers a pass and was told they would hold our luggage. Outrigger Reef and Sheraton said they would not. Outrigger Waikiki would be a cheaper option for reserving a room though.

Edited by Beachiekeen