Veendam...Cabin 429

Dogma4

26 minutes ago, Dogma4 said:

I give up trying to search older posts for comments about this specific cabin...have checked out cruise deck plans and have “big picture” info but first hand feedback would be great!  Thanks...

Agree!   I have tried many times without luck -then I ask and boom! Someone on here finds a thread. I’m glad I have this as a ‘resource’ but I do wishCC was easier to search or I was ‘smarter’ with my searches. 

We had cabin #427 (just next door) for 49 day Atlantic adventure in 2017 and loved the cabin.  We really liked having the extra space.  

The only problem that I had but not my husband was that the drapes were a little short and there is a light outside that's on all night.  Our fix was to use clothespins and fix hand towels to the bottom of the drapes at night to extend their length.  This wasn't perfect but it worked well enough for us.

Other than that everything was super.

You could not pay me to sail the veendam.   Did that once and we knew better. 

I don’t think there is a big difference between the masmarket lines but the physical plant veendam would be nicer.

on the non veendam ships.   Working plumbing.     And ventilatin are expected by us.  

annd I am happier living on veendam.  at hverses veendam.     I refuse to pay money to lack adequate cooling and ventilation.  

I can get an Olive Garden lunch for ?99

What exactly are you offering as It pertains to my question, sammie?....i must be a bit thick as l disremember asking for critique of a ship we know well...And like.

But,.woodinville, thanks!! Short drapes not too worrisome if you have some duct tape!!

• Like 2