Edge/Apex question please

true45

Just booked Sunset Veranda on Apex Jan 2021 — have dining question 

We are a couple with lots of cruises done, mostly on Celebrity — but I’m clueless on the 4-Main Dining room question.  I booked 6 pm dining because DH likes the security of having the table for 2 although I really wanted to try all 4-main dining rooms & preferred to do the flexible dining.

I read somewhere you could book the others online if you have the flexible dining.  Do they get booked very early?  I wonder if I should change.  DH does need to eat relatively early because of a surgery a few yrs ago.  

Our Celebrity planner said even with set 6pm dining we could add the other dining rooms — just speak to the Maitre D?

what are my chances going that route?

Thanks for help.  I pay the price for being impulsive. 🤦🏼‍♀️🏝🚣🏼‍♀️🚤🛶️ 

Having select dining is a way to secure a table for 2 and is the main reason we book it.  The bonus on the Edge was also being able to book the dining rooms in advance. Even when we had them book we aere able to change and cancel a few time and just walk up to the restaurant we wanted at the time we wanted- We only waited once doing this for less than 5 mins. (on these days we had canceled early times and walked up between 8.15 and 9pm)

15 minutes ago, fragilek said:

Having select dining is a way to secure a table for 2 and is the main reason we book it.  The bonus on the Edge was also being able to book the dining rooms in advance. Even when we had them book we aere able to change and cancel a few time and just walk up to the restaurant we wanted at the time we wanted- We only waited once doing this for less than 5 mins. (on these days we had canceled early times and walked up between 8.15 and 9pm)

How far in advance did bookings open?

on another line, even months in advance there were only late times open

Thanks

Linda 

We booked the 6pm dining also. Was assigned one of the 4 for the full cruise. After dining the 1st night, which we enjoyed, we asked to move to one of the other 3 and they set us up for the same time. then we asked to move to the 3rd and 4th. we also signed up onboard for the Eden Restaurant and got a discount, doing it onboard. 

So it was all quite easy and flexible to either stay or move to one of the standard 4 restaurants, and to a specialty. Also enjoyed the Eden Cafe and the ship’s grill. 

Enjoy and relax. You can move around as you wish. We did this on the two 7N B2B’s and the ship was pretty full but it never was an issue of picking the venue we wanted. Now, the specialty restaurants can fill up - we picked the Eden Restaurant on an inport day that many hadn’t signed up for. 

this is subjective: didn’t enjoy the Steakhouse that much. It was a nice piece of beef, but I’m afraid it was about what I grill at home. Nothing special. I’ll stick with the more ‘exotic’ restaurants. Eden is interesting. Not one I’d do over and over, but enjoyed the very special selections and the Eden entertainment during dinner. 

Den

• Thanks 1