best beach club for relazing

ljmandelbaum

In December our cruise was unable to go to Grand Cayman so we had a second day in Cozumel.  We wound up going to Mr. Sanchos.  My daughter loved it.  We are going back to cozumel next month and she wanted to go back there but they are sold out.  

So now I need ideas of a different beach club we can go to instead.

My wife and I like Paradise Beach.  We pay $3.00 each and agree to spend at least $10.00 each for food and or drinks. Easy to do. There is also an all inclusive option.  There is a beach and a very nice fresh water pool.  The pool is not cold. Plenty of chairs even on busy port days. The chairs are in shade or sun. Friendly staff too. There are water toys/inflatables for children and adults. I suggest looking at their web site. We hop in a cab to get there. I forget the cab price but it was very reasonable and of course we always tip.  Hope this helps and happy cruising. 

We like Mr Sanchos also.  But there are times we just want to relax and enjoy a more quieter day we go to Nachi Cocum.   They only allow 130 people per day so it's not crowded.  It just down the road from sanchos so its the same beach.

Depending on ships in port, both Mr Sanchos and Paradise Beach will NOT be quiet beaches for relaxing. Try for Nachi Cocum.

If you don't want Nachi or if they are booked for the day you are in port,  You need to find a smaller beach without the water toys or cruise excursions.   Playa Corona might fit your needs.  Tends to have fewer people even on 5-7 ship days.  Playa Palancar or Albert's are other options.  Further south more expensive taxi ride, but usually not as crowded.  Playa Mia and Playa San Francisco tend to attract cruise ship excursions, Playa Mi for younger children, so could be somewhat crowded.

54 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Depending on ships in port, both Mr Sanchos and Paradise Beach will NOT be quiet beaches for relaxing. Try for Nachi Cocum.

I had read that Mr Sanchos was more of a party beach but that was not the case when we were there christmas time.  Not sure how many ships were there that day, since I hadn't looked since we were supposed to be in a different port.
My girls  loved sitting on the lounge chairs and sitting at our table just chilling.

In addition to the above suggestions for Nachi and Paradise Beach I would also look at the Money Bar.  No water toys and no real sandy beach, so it does not attract many children/families.  You enter the water via steps and there's good (not great) snorkeling from the shore.  Good facilities, no admission fee, good food, drinks, &, service, plus a sandy area with lots of shade and lounge chairs, etc.  Taxi each way will be about $12.  check out their web site and the trip advisor reviews.

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster and has photo intensive reviews of most of the popular beach clubs linked in her signature - check them out!

3 hours ago, ljmandelbaum said:

In December our cruise was unable to go to Grand Cayman so we had a second day in Cozumel.  We wound up going to Mr. Sanchos.  My daughter loved it.  We are going back to cozumel next month and she wanted to go back there but they are sold out.  

So now I need ideas of a different beach club we can go to instead.

Do you want AI or PAYG?

Do you want activities/water sports or pool?

1 hour ago, ljmandelbaum said:

I think I want AI.  

Don't need activities or water sports.

Then Nachi Cocom, for about $55 each, is what you want - not crowded, quiet, relaxing, no water toys, great service, good food/drinks, nice beach (some have complained that the sand is "too soft"?), nice pool, hot tub, etc.  Book ASAP!

4 hours ago, ljmandelbaum said:

I think I want AI.  

Don't need activities or water sports.

In that case I would go with Nachi as suggested or a day pass to a resort like Occidental or Park Royal.

If everyone is over 18 Del Mar Latino has a quiet and convenient day pass from Puerta Maya or International, but no natural beach.