Oman visa

montythecat

Help please from any recent visitor to Oman.

A visa appears to be required but I have seen a

comment that suggests that if you fly into and out

of Dubai an Oman visa is not needed when you

visit Oman from your cruise ship. 

Is there any truth in this? 

Thank you you for any assistance which might be forthcoming.

montythecat

On 1/28/2020 at 6:05 PM, montythecat said:

Help please from any recent visitor to Oman.

A visa appears to be required but I have seen a

comment that suggests that if you fly into and out

of Dubai an Oman visa is not needed when you

visit Oman from your cruise ship. 

Is there any truth in this? 

Thank you you for any assistance which might be forthcoming.

montythecat

You will receive one of these landing cards as the other poster indicated. Nothing else is required.

20191216_131517_HDR.jpg

20191216_131525_HDR.jpg

As mentioned, you will get a special permit when visiting Oman on a cruise ship.

It is irrelevant where you boarded the ship.

However when you FLY into Oman (MCT, SLL) you may need a visa, depending on your nationality.

19 hours ago, Skoobdo said:

You will receive one of these landing cards as the other poster indicated. Nothing else is required.

20191216_131517_HDR.jpg

20191216_131525_HDR.jpg

Did they retain your passport? I may be wanting to entering restricted border area for birding and will need my physical passport. TIA

1 hour ago, mef_57 said:

Did they retain your passport? I may be wanting to entering restricted border area for birding and will need my physical passport. TIA

The ship had possession of all passenger's passports. They need them so they will all be stamped entry/exit. You'll have to get with guests services to be able to receive it otherwise.  And good luck with that, as their customer service is non-existent. Because, they will say one thing and do another.

Also, I doubt almost 100% that nobody in Oman cares where you go as long as you have a landing card and cruise ship card.

For example, I definitely walked way outside of Bahrain's City Center (authorized cruise ship passenger area), and didn't have the required Visa. If you recall, I walked the entire port for over 2 hours and not one police officer or military personnel questioned me, and I walked right by all of them numerous times on my journey.

But, yes, just get with quest services 😣 Good luck.

12 minutes ago, Skoobdo said:

The ship had possession of all passenger's passports. They need them so they will all be stamped entry/exit. You'll have to get with guests services to be able to receive it otherwise.  And good luck with that, as their customer service is non-existent. Because, they will say one thing and do another.

Also, I doubt almost 100% that nobody in Oman cares where you go as long as you have a landing card and cruise ship card.

For example, I definitely walked way outside of Bahrain's City Center (authorized cruise ship passenger area), and didn't have the required Visa. If you recall, I walked the entire port for over 2 hours and not one police officer or military personnel questioned me, and I walked right by all of them numerous times on my journey.

But, yes, just get with quest services 😣 Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. 

I have never cruised where the ship retains the passport, but makes sense for getting things stamped. 

I do, however, need the passport for this particular consideration. I would need to enter military gate posts and they retain your passport while you are in visiting the birding hides.  I have read posts where ship passengers where not allowed in with just their landing cards...and that was recently.

It would have just been a diversion trip from Petra back to ship, but not worth the hassle of arguing with guest services, nor taking the time away from Petra to do it.  

1 hour ago, mef_57 said:

Thanks for the reply. 

I have never cruised where the ship retains the passport, but makes sense for getting things stamped. 

I do, however, need the passport for this particular consideration. I would need to enter military gate posts and they retain your passport while you are in visiting the birding hides.  I have read posts where ship passengers where not allowed in with just their landing cards...and that was recently.

It would have just been a diversion trip from Petra back to ship, but not worth the hassle of arguing with guest services, nor taking the time away from Petra to do it.  

Are you talking about a birding place in Jordan or Oman? In Jordan, you'll get your passport because Petra visitor's center needs to see it and I would have it anyway just because of the area.

11 minutes ago, Skoobdo said:

Are you talking about a birding place in Jordan or Oman? In Jordan, you'll get your passport because Petra visitor's center needs to see it and I would have it anyway just because of the area.

Oh shoot.  Yes, I was thinking Jordan.  Too many countries and landing cards to keep track of 😞  

21 minutes ago, mef_57 said:

Oh shoot.  Yes, I was thinking Jordan.  Too many countries and landing cards to keep track of 😞  

The good thing is I noticed that all the countries I've visited during my last 3 cruises this past month cram their entry and exit stamps in the passports so they won't be using up a new Visa page like some countries do when flying. Even the UAE didn't use new pages as my passport book is close to full. So, I was extremely happy about that.

I'll be renewing my passport next month though, and unfortunately will have to reprint my E-ticket information for the April cruise with the the updated information.

Edited by Skoobdo