HAL transfer from Santiago to San Antonio cruise port

brinny

We are staying in Santiago (Chile) for a few days before going on a Zaandam cruise from San Antonio.

We have booked HAL transfer from Santiago city centre to the cruise port which apparently departs from Bustamente Park but we understand  this park is big ,

Does anyone know exactly where the pick up point is at the park ?

Im hoping somebody has used this transfer and knows exactly where the transfer coach stops at the park .

can I ask this again please .

Ive asked HAL for more information but have heard nothing.

This is   a bit like saying the cruise pick up is at Central Park for New York or Hyde Park for London which is not helpful.

Just hoping theres someone out there who has used the city centre transfer from Santiago to San Antonio

21 minutes ago, brinny said:

can I ask this again please .

Ive asked HAL for more information but have heard nothing.

This is   a bit like saying the cruise pick up is at Central Park for New York or Hyde Park for London which is not helpful.

Just hoping theres someone out there who has used the city centre transfer from Santiago to San Antonio

There are forums posted for this exact question. I looked at several that are recent. Look up  "Santiago to San Antonio " Also, have you checked into your roll call? There may be valuable info there as well. I would have checked for you but you didn't note your sail date. 

On 1/28/2020 at 5:14 PM, brinny said:

We have booked HAL transfer from Santiago city centre to the cruise port which apparently departs from Bustamente Park

Well that’s interesting.  We are on a different date, departing Santiago, but the transfer point from Santiago to San Antonio Cruise Port is the Santiago Airport.  Would much prefer city centre.  I hope you’ll come back and tell us what you were able to find out.

Thank you for these replies and I will try to find other posts on this although I'm a newbie on navigating around cruise critic and sometimes struggle on where to look for help . We are due to depart from San Antonio on Feb 22me  so not long .                                          

Re the transfers_ on the HAL website under cruise planning there is the option to choose pre cruise transfer and then to select either from the airport to San Antonio or from the city centre so it might be worth calling HAL to see if you could change the transfer from the airport to the port to the city centre to the port but that would leave you with my problem about where to go to get this transfer . 

If I get any more info I will post it here .

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, brinny said:

Thank you for these replies and I will try to find other posts on this although I'm a newbie on navigating around cruise critic and sometimes struggle on where to look for help . We are due to depart from San Antonio on Feb 22me  so not long .                                          

Re the transfers_ on the HAL website under cruise planning there is the option to choose pre cruise transfer and then to select either from the airport to San Antonio or from the city centre so it might be worth calling HAL to see if you could change the transfer from the airport to the port to the city centre to the port but that would leave you with my problem about where to go to get this transfer . 

If I get any more info I will post it here .

Hi, 

when we have done HAL transfers in the past on either the second or third page of your boarding pass section, there is information about where the pick up will be.  Have you checked the second or third page?

• Like 1

I don’t know if this is good or bad but you are right in that there is an address in the boarding pass but it is completely different from what I was told last week by HAL on the phone . It is in fact 5.5km from there and I am starting to get nervous that I will be waiting there with all my luggage and no transfer shows up .

What is very annoying is that nobody from HAL has telephoned me back with a reply to my query about this a week ago .

I thought Id pay the extra cost of a HAL official transfer but I’m having to do all the work finding out exactly where it will pick us up . 
Not great service.

A few years ago, we took a Pullman bus from Santiago to San Antonio. Departures every half hour or so from Terminal Alameda, less than $10 per person. You get an assigned seat, they check your luggage just like at an airport, and the bus is clean and comfortable. We were met in San Antonio by the local visitors bureau, which had vans to take us to the ship, less than a mile away.

https://www.pullmanbus.cl/portalWAR/paginas/seleccionIda.jsf#header

Thanks for replies .

Ive decided to call HAL & if I can’t get a reassuring reply then I will ask to cancel my transfer with HAL as the last thing I want us to be worried about not being picked up especially since I don’t speak Spanish and calling a local number if the transfer doesn’t arrive as my boarding card states isn’t reassuring . 
I will then look at alternatives so thanks for Pullman suggestion.