Humidifiers Onboard?

offtopic

I tried searching this forum and celebrity’s website and found the only restriction is against flammable objects. I have one of the newer humidifiers that is the ultrasonic type where no heat is generated at all to create the mist. I don’t see how it would fit any category on the prohibited items list but I also couldn’t find anyone confirming they have successfully brought one on.

The reason I was to use the humidifier is because last time I sailed was on a balcony on the NCL Getaway and the room was always extremely dry to the point that I would wake up extremely uncomfortable and congested from the dry air. A few times we resorted to leaving the shower on hot to humidify the room but were uncomfortable by the heat and afraid the fire alarm would go off as we saw visible steam.

We are staying on an infinite veranda very soon and are actively packing and thought my humidifier would be the perfect solution.

Any advice/experience? Perhaps Celebrity might be able to lend us a humidifier in our room for our cruise? Perhaps the Edge rooms do not stay extremely dry? It was always my thought they did it to prevent any mold that could lead to odor and allergies for other guests that they kept the room so dry, however I don’t remember having a problem on the previous cruise I took on Celebrity Silhouette.

5 minutes ago, offtopic said:

I tried searching this forum and celebrity’s website and found the only restriction is against flammable objects. I have one of the newer humidifiers that is the ultrasonic type where no heat is generated at all to create the mist. I don’t see how it would fit any category on the prohibited items list but I also couldn’t find anyone confirming they have successfully brought one on.

The reason I was to use the humidifier is because last time I sailed was on a balcony on the NCL Getaway and the room was always extremely dry to the point that I would wake up extremely uncomfortable and congested from the dry air. A few times we resorted to leaving the shower on hot to humidify the room but were uncomfortable by the heat and afraid the fire alarm would go off as we saw visible steam.

We are staying on an infinite veranda very soon and are actively packing and thought my humidifier would be the perfect solution.

Any advice/experience? Perhaps Celebrity might be able to lend us a humidifier in our room for our cruise? Perhaps the Edge rooms do not stay extremely dry? It was always my thought they did it to prevent any mold that could lead to odor and allergies for other guests that they kept the room so dry, however I don’t remember having a problem on the previous cruise I took on Celebrity Silhouette.

You may want to reach out to X to find out if they can provide one through Special Services... if not, then the question is, can I bring my own?

No need to lug one along if X will provide one, unless you really want the type you have.

bon voyage

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, offtopic said:

I use cool mist  room humidifier at home for a similar reason even though we have a whole house humidifier. It alleviates the congestion from dryness. I'd suggest asking about one of those if the warm air humidifier is a no. I've never felt the need for it on a cruise, perhaps because when sailing on the ocean the air is already humid enough. Try contacting X Special Needs.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Celebrity-Guest-Special-Needs-Form.pdf

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Worth a conversation with your GP too. Firstly rule out conditions like sleep apnea...then consider the wide range of nasal sprays and other medications which could help....

I am a physician! 😂 I have no problems at home or when traveling, it was just the last cruise I’ve been on or when I used to live in the extreme cold up north that the extremely dry air bothers me.

I will try contacting the cruise line directly tonight. Thanks for replies.

7 hours ago, offtopic said:

I am a physician! 😂 I have no problems at home or when traveling, it was just the last cruise I’ve been on or when I used to live in the extreme cold up north that the extremely dry air bothers me.

I will try contacting the cruise line directly tonight. Thanks for replies.

I bring my diffuser with me and use the purified bottled water.  Haven't had any problems with bringing it on the ship.  

• Like 1