What to buy on Mexican Rivera (West Coast Cities)

I Love NC

2 hours ago, I Love NC said:

First cruise to Cabo, Altman & PV.   What are some items you've purchased or seen?   Thanks in advance!

Puerto Vallarta is the only region of Mexico where they can legitimately produce Tequila (Jalisco State--which is where PV is located and a few closely situated parts of other states bordering Jalisco.  The actual town of Tequila--where it was "invented"--is in the hills in between Puerto Vallarta and Guadalajara.  In order to be legally called Tequila, it must be from this area).  So...purchase a nice bottle of Tequila from a brand you can't get back in the US.

On our recent cruise, we bought my wife a cheap silver bracelet  in Cabo...like $10.  Don't pay a lot of money for jewelry...If you get cheated, what are you going to do??  Return it?  But buying cheap, costume stuff can be fun.  My wife's new bracelet is stamped ".925", but there's really no way to verify that, so, who knows?

Leather purses are fun to shop for...remember, even if they claim to be "designer", they're probably not...

We also, one visit, bought nice house number tiles in Puerto Vallarta...there's a factory there that makes them...

I've got a collection of ironwood bears purchased in Mazatlan and PV on multiple trips...I used to keep them on my desk in my office...I saw one once in a gift shop in Jackson Hole for over $100--I had paid $15 in Mazatlan!

I also, one cruise, purchased an onyx and abalone shell decorative mask in Mazatlan...but not at the cruise's "recommended" shop (they wanted over $100...I went to a random local store and found a nicer one for $20)...

Basically, have fun shopping for a lot of fun, cheap stuff.  Don't pay a lot of money for anything.  Always bargain for a lower price (They usually start out by asking about double what they expect to get).  If anything turns out to be junk, you won't care...because you didn't pay much for it...

Ceramics, T-Shirts, decorative knickknacks for the home, glass ware...

Edited by Bruin Steve