Flamingo Beach questions

jordanaire

You need to book a room for 1 night at the Renaissance Aruba Resort, which is across from the cruise port. When your ship arrives, you can walk across the street and go upstairs at the resort and check in. Then come downstairs and the boat will come into the hotel and pick you up and take you to Renaissance Island. When you get to the island, to the right is Flamingo Beach which is adults only. To the left is Iguana Beach which is family friendly. 

At the end of the day it's nice to come back to your hotel room, take a shower and rest before going out into Oranjestad shopping and eating, before returning to your ship.

You need to reserve your room in the Ocean Suite towers, NOT the Marina towers. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 11:11 AM, teknoge3k said:

You need to book a room for 1 night at the Renaissance Aruba Resort, which is across from the cruise port. When your ship arrives, you can walk across the street and go upstairs at the resort and check in. Then come downstairs and the boat will come into the hotel and pick you up and take you to Renaissance Island. When you get to the island, to the right is Flamingo Beach which is adults only. To the left is Iguana Beach which is family friendly. 

At the end of the day it's nice to come back to your hotel room, take a shower and rest before going out into Oranjestad shopping and eating, before returning to your ship.

You need to reserve your room in the Ocean Suite towers, NOT the Marina towers. 

Check in is at 4:00 - that wasn't an issue going to Renaissance Island?  Also why does it matter if you rent at Marina towers - is the island not included with that room?

9 hours ago, sixb0nes said:

Check in is at 4:00 - that wasn't an issue going to Renaissance Island?  Also why does it matter if you rent at Marina towers - is the island not included with that room?

Wasn't an issue at all. We went to check-in, got our keycard for the resort (and map) and went and got on the boat and went to the island. They said we could not go to our room prior to 4 which wasn't an issue anyway. When we made reservations, the lady told me that the Marina Towers did NOT have access to the island, only the Ocean Suites Towers. 

37 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Wasn't an issue at all. We went to check-in, got our keycard for the resort (and map) and went and got on the boat and went to the island. They said we could not go to our room prior to 4 which wasn't an issue anyway. When we made reservations, the lady told me that the Marina Towers did NOT have access to the island, only the Ocean Suites Towers. 

Wow, someone definitely gave you some wrong information. Marina hotel guests definitely have access to the island.  I own a timeshare at Renaissance Ocean Suites and just got home yesterday from spending two weeks there. We went to the island most days, and the boat stops at the Marina hotel on the way to pick up passengers at Ocean Suites.  It was full of Marina guests on every trip, and we talked to many of them. I can't imagine why anyone would tell you that, unless it was a language miscommunication. 

Edited by Hatteras51

6 minutes ago, Hatteras51 said:

Wow, someone definitely gave you some wrong information. Marina hotel guests definitely have access to the island.  I own a timeshare at Renaissance Ocean Suites and just got home yesterday from spending two weeks there. We went to the island most days, and the boat stops at the Marina hotel on the way to pick up passengers at Ocean Suites.  It was full of Marina guests on every trip, and we talked to many of them. I can't imagine why anyone would tell you that, unless it was a language miscommunication. 

It was someone named Mildred from the sales office there. We were emailing one another and that's what she had said. 

7 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

It was someone named Mildred from the sales office there. We were emailing one another and that's what she had said. 

I know a lot of the staff but I don't know anyone named Mildred. I wonder if you were directed to Renaissance's central reservation people instead of someone who works directly at their Aruba resorts. The Marina rooms usually run at least $100.00 per night cheaper than Ocean Suites.  I hope that you were able to enjoy the facilities at OceanSuites while you were there. It is very nice.

3 minutes ago, Hatteras51 said:

I know a lot of the staff but I don't know anyone named Mildred. I wonder if you were directed to Renaissance's central reservation people instead of someone who works directly at their Aruba resorts. The Marina rooms usually run at least $100.00 per night cheaper than Ocean Suites.  I hope that you were able to enjoy the facilities at OceanSuites while you were there. It is very nice.

No, she worked directly at the resort, according to her email signature. 

We did enjoy the facilities. Friends of ours hung out by the pool that evening. We ended up coming back to the hotel room, taking showers and relaxing for a bit before we went out walking to shop and find dinner, before going back to the ship. It was a very nice place! 

Thank you for the info teknoge3k and Hatteras51.  When I look at google maps, the hotels looked to be located in different locations.  Can you access the ocean suite amenities (pool, beach, etc) if you stay at the Marina section?

1 hour ago, sixb0nes said:

Thank you for the info teknoge3k and Hatteras51.  When I look at google maps, the hotels looked to be located in different locations.  Can you access the ocean suite amenities (pool, beach, etc) if you stay at the Marina section?

Yes