koningsdam cabins

esimon

We had a verandah cabin on our Koningsdam cruise earlier this month and there wasn't any nighttime lighting in the bathroom. However, there was lighting at floor level under the cabinet area where ice, glassware, etc. was stored. We had to put a towel in front of it every night because it shed way too much light for us to sleep.

We had an outside cabin at Christmas, and similarly there was no light in the bathroom. We had the same lighting under the cabinet area, but it was a motion detector light, and only came on when we got out of bed, which was handy.

I always keep a small flashlight on the nightstand. I shield the light with my hand so it doesn’t bother the DW. The little LED flashlights don’t take up much room in the suitcase or carry ons, If you use lithium batteries, they cannot be in checked luggage.

DD

Interesting that several have said the floor lights in the Koningsdam cabins are on motion detectors because ours was on all the time when the cabin was dark. Never went off. That's why we put a towel in front of it to block the constant light at night. DH brings a small flashlight on cruises and I find there is sufficient light from under the cabin door to get around.

6 hours ago, boards said:

On the Koningdam there is motion light that comes on when you get up and move around the cabin and goes out again once you are back in bed or not moving around in the cabin.

Our motion light worked fine, never had a problem with it.