Anyone on Regatta Now?

roothy123

If anyone is currently on Regatta, I would like to ask a favor.  We had the most wonderful cabin steward for the Jan. 6 cruise.  We thanked him, and tipped him, before we left the ship.  But we disembarked a day early and were rushing the last two days we were on Regatta.  I didn't get a chance to fill out the "how was your cruise?" questionnaire, or even put anything at the box at Reception telling them how exceptional we thought he was.  I plan to write a letter to Oceania about our experience with him, but knowing how things are when you write the HQ office of any large company, I'm not sure anything will be done with it.  Therefore, if anyone is currently on the ship, and is willing to print out something I post here and put it in the box at Reception (and/or look for an Indian cabin attendant  named Rosario mid-ship, port side around 7050 and give him a message) I'd really appreciate it.  I believe he told my spouse he's going back to India Feb. 3, so it's too late to really do anything meaningful other than hope someone on board is willing to do this favor for me.  This man was the best steward we've had on 14 Oceania cruises, and he made our cruise much more fun with his wonderful personality.  Thank you. 

Edited by roothy123
  • Like 1

When I posted on CC about the GDR "now being closed on port days", I was asking if others here had experienced that because we never had.  I very quickly received a phone call from the Executive Concierge asking me to come in for a "talk".  I had no idea what it was about until I did so.  It was a pleasant meeting, don't get me wrong.

But given that the Concierge was monitoring CC mail, it may well be that staff members on the ship now WILL see your post and perhaps even act accordingly.  At least we can hope!

1 hour ago, Mura said:

When I posted on CC about the GDR "now being closed on port days", I was asking if others here had experienced that because we never had.  I very quickly received a phone call from the Executive Concierge asking me to come in for a "talk".  I had no idea what it was about until I did so.  It was a pleasant meeting, don't get me wrong.

But given that the Concierge was monitoring CC mail, it may well be that staff members on the ship now WILL see your post and perhaps even act accordingly.  At least we can hope!

Well, that's nice to know.  I DO know that in the past, if I've ever put anything negative on the mid-cruise comment document (brief, can still just write on it, free form comments good or bad) someone HAS followed up on it to discuss.  And we DID mention to the General Manager how much we loved having Rosario as our cabin attendant.  So hopefully that kind of thing is not just read and forgotten about.  But all of our cabin stewards have been great on Oceania, so perhaps comments on stewards are so common that not much is done about them unless they are in writing, and specific.  I have to admit that this time on Oceania, after not cruising on O for a year and a half or more,  I wondered if the comments recently on Cruise Critic about lesser service, possible shortcuts being made, etc. would turn out to be what I experienced.  I was also a little alarmed early on when my spouse told me that Rosario did not have any help from anyone, as in the past it seemed common for each steward to have an assistant who would come in and vacuum or do other things in addition to what the cabin steward did.  But the service we got from Rosario on our humble inside cabin was fantastic, and so was his personality.  So I hope kudos flow to him, and are duly noted by Oceania.  

And as for the GDR being closed on port days for lunch (like Viking, I think!!) our recent experience is that they were not closed on ALL port days, just some, and that it was always just lunch closures.  

And yes, the end of cruise survey this time was online only.  You could use the computers in Oceania at Sea (or the Library) to do it, but you DID have to do it online.  

On the cruise where we first noticed this, if I'm remembering correctly -- I think I am -- the GDR was closed on all port days.  Now, it's very possible that on one or more of those port days we weren't onboard at lunchtime and so we could have missed exactly how times it was closed.  For us, it was closed whenever we wanted to have lunch there when in port.

We understood the closure on the first day we were in Haifa when virtually no one was on board. The Destinations clerk had told us in the late morning that only 80 passengers were on board.

This was on Marina in November 2017:  Rome to Barcelona.

Mura