Oasis Disembarkation Miami ?

denamo

6 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Can be hectic with a group.  What time are your flights?

Range from 4:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.  No children, but sometimes that doesn't matter! LOL

Edited by denamo

Plenty of time.  We had a group of nine and our scheduled pick up was 9:35 from Super shuttle.  we got extremely lucky that we got to the "pick up" area and a van was pulling in so we swapped out. PERFECT TIMING.  Our flights where out of Miami at 12:30 and had no problems.

What we did have was a nightmare scenario where my mother left her luggage at the port with all the shuffling around of 9 checked bags and a bunch of carry ons.  Take your time and be sure you have everything.  Royal was great.  They found the bag that day and shipped it Fed Ex to my moms house a week later for 54.00 dollars.  Very cheap as she would have had to pay Delta 30.00 to put it on the plane anyways. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Plenty of time.  We had a group of nine and our scheduled pick up was 9:35 from Super shuttle.  we got extremely lucky that we got to the "pick up" area and a van was pulling in so we swapped out. PERFECT TIMING.  Our flights where out of Miami at 12:30 and had no problems.

What we did have was a nightmare scenario where my mother left her luggage at the port with all the shuffling around of 9 checked bags and a bunch of carry ons.  Take your time and be sure you have everything.  Royal was great.  They found the bag that day and shipped it Fed Ex to my moms house a week later for 54.00 dollars.  Very cheap as she would have had to pay Delta 30.00 to put it on the plane anyways. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Good advice for everyone to check and make sure luggage is on the bus! Flights for our group will be out of FLL, so that adds a bit to the mix.

From what I've been able to research, there is no Luggage Valet on the Oasis out of Miami?

Edited by denamo

Only adds a half hour to an hour of time to get to that particular airport.  Just be sure your company is there to pick you up when asked.  The traffic to the terminal gets worse by the day.  And it can take an hour or so to get in if they dont time it right.  I would hate to be standing there with 16 people waiting.  Dan

• Like 1

We just got off Oasis yesterday in Miami.  Be forewarned that right now FLL can be a zoo.  We had no problems getting off the ship and getting to the airport.  But when we arrived, there were people everywhere and were told we wouldn’t be able to check bags until two hours before our 4pm Delta flight.   They didn’t make us wait until the 2pm time, but we still had to find a spot on the floor for a couple of hours.   There’s terminal construction and a lot of cruise ships this time of year.  Other terminals and airlines May be better.  No luggage valet either.

39 minutes ago, Jeffjas said:

We just got off Oasis yesterday in Miami.  Be forewarned that right now FLL can be a zoo.  We had no problems getting off the ship and getting to the airport.  But when we arrived, there were people everywhere and were told we wouldn’t be able to check bags until two hours before our 4pm Delta flight.   They didn’t make us wait until the 2pm time, but we still had to find a spot on the floor for a couple of hours.   There’s terminal construction and a lot of cruise ships this time of year.  Other terminals and airlines May be better.  No luggage valet either.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm thinking FLL could be a zoo since this will be the week after Easter, and those with a week of Easter break will be trying to make a flight.  So wish Oasis was offering Luggage Valet. 😞

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Only adds a half hour to an hour of time to get to that particular airport.  Just be sure your company is there to pick you up when asked.  The traffic to the terminal gets worse by the day.  And it can take an hour or so to get in if they dont time it right.  I would hate to be standing there with 16 people waiting.  Dan

Yes, trying to decide if earlier is better or later is better for pick up is tough.  I'm sure the Oasis will be trying to get everyone quickly off.  Have requested a 9:30 pick up.  Hoping that works.