Advice Needed...Long Beach Port

marseelee

My sister and I are going on the Imagination March 8. Our flight lands at LAX at 7:45am.

What time does this ship/port usually start letting people on board? We do have FTTF but in our experience other ports won’t let you board until about noon. 

If everything goes according to schedule and we can’t board until 12, any suggestions on what to do in Long Beach before we board? Thanks!

19 minutes ago, marseelee said:

What time does this ship/port usually start letting people on board? We do have FTTF but in our experience other ports won’t let you board until about noon. 

You can drop your luggage off a little early but our experience boarding in Long Beach is that they pretty much stick to the script. Its possible you could show up early and board 11-1130 but I don't think its something you can plan for. 

20 minutes ago, marseelee said:

If everything goes according to schedule and we can’t board until 12, any suggestions on what to do in Long Beach before we board? Thanks!

If you like grand old ships you can take a tour of the Queen Mary or get some breakfast/lunch/coffee on board. The ship is literally adjacent to the Long Beach cruise terminal and you can easily walk between the two. 

If your flight doesn't land at LAX until 7:45 am, then you don't have a lot of time to spare - and that's assuming your flight is on time and there are no delays getting the plane cleared at a gate to unload.   By the time you physically get off the plane, get your bags, find transportation, and then get onto the freeway, it could easily be 9:30 or 10:00 depending on how lucky you are.    By that time you'll be past the worst rush hour traffic, but it could still take an hour (depending again on luck) to get to Long Beach.    If you do get there early, do a quick Queen Mary tour, but I'd just get in line to get on the ship as soon as they start boarding.