Discount code

beloum

I got an email offer through the Carnival Fun Points MC for $200 onboard credit.    There doesn't seem to be any restrictions other than must be booked prior to April 1, 2020, and cruise completed prior to April 2022.    There was a code attached.   I tried to book online, but couldn't figure out where, or how, to apply the code.   I tried calling Carnival and they said I needed to go through the credit card company.  Sounded they didn't know what they were talking about, and seemed quite irritated I didn't want to book at the regular rate.   I called the credit card company just for fun and the lady actually laughed and said all cruises needed to be booked through Carnival.   Question, is there anyway to apply the discount code on the website so I don't have to deal with the Carnival reps?    Thanks

is this a Carnival MasterCard that y ou have ? If so you, and  its new to you, you will have to make a purchase of $200 then the Credit card will give you a $200 credit back if that is what you are refering too. It may not be this but call the CC number and ask them. 

Thanks for the reply.   No, it is not a new card.  I've had it for awhile and have charged quite a bit on it.   The promotion was for a $200 onboard credit when using the card to book a cruise.   Yes it is the Carnival Mastercard through Barclay bank.   I received the offer in email along with the discount code.  Just can't figure out how to apply the code when booking the cruise on Carnival's website.   Thanks again

5 hours ago, michael&gayle said:

Did the code come through carnival or through barclay? I have the card and have searching everyday to find this offer. Multiple data points have came in that others are receiving this offer as well.  Thank you. 

Email was from Carnival Cruise Lines.   Its a pretty good deal.  Just cant figure out how to use it

EXCLUSIVE CARNIVAL® MASTERCARD®OFFER:
$200 ONBOARD CREDIT + $99 DEPOSITS 

Offer is valid for guests with a qualifying VIFP Club Member number. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Onboard credit offer is non-transferable and non-refundable. Onboard credit amounts are provided as the following and will be applied to your Sail & Sign account:

Edited by beloum

6 minutes ago, michael&gayle said:

Do you all use your cards often? I called Barclay, Carnival multiple times, but no one seems to be able to "find me this code". 

No not outside of Carnival ever but I did just use it to pay my on board account in December. Are you logged into your VIFP account when booking or mock booking?

Yes I have been logged into my VIFP account. I have also tried it that same exact sailing you posted and nothing. It must be computer generated based on usage. I am going to purchase an excursion and I will see if I get the offer. I am just trying to narrow down how small the population is getting this. But not many others have responded to this one nor the last one you posted. 

On 2/4/2020 at 5:12 PM, michael&gayle said:

Yes I have been logged into my VIFP account. I have also tried it that same exact sailing you posted and nothing. It must be computer generated based on usage. I am going to purchase an excursion and I will see if I get the offer. I am just trying to narrow down how small the population is getting this. But not many others have responded to this one nor the last one you posted. 

After really looking into using this rate offer I’ve found that Carnival has just raised the price to offset the $200 OBC. So I found a cruise and cabin I was interested and priced it out. I went to Costco travel and priced out the same cruise and cabin and the price was $148 less on Costco and they offered $50 OBC. That makes that Carnival MasterCard offer a $2.00 better deal. What a crappy marketing sham!

Anyway just wanted to let you know so you don’t feel so bad that they can’t get you the rate. The $2.00 isn’t worth the phone call!